1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
9,130 Posts
Its biggest advantage, IMHO, is the modest price point for a Victory. Relatively affordable way to get riding 106 cubic.

But it's a classic parts bin bike to me. Bobber? Not.

Reactions: Wood Welder

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Nothing ground breaking. I am sure it is a fine bike, but nothing more than what a Judge or 8 Ball owner could do with a couple bucks and their own bike...

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Is Victory headed down the same road as HD? A lot of different names for bikes that look a lot alike.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Victory is a fine bike, I don't see why they would want to mimic.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree, it looks like a Judge, except it don't have homely oval side covers. What's the deal with those anyway, are you supposed to put racing numbers on them? On the plus side the rims are made to look like they're spoked, but they're tubeless.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I wandered into a Victory shop this week. They have some beautiful machines. I wouldn't give it back if I won one in a raffle. We pay cash for everything but our house. So, I don't see me buying a new Victory any time soon. The tank on the gunner looks really cool.

The guy behind the counter asks me, "What do you ride?" I say, "A Boulevard c50." He says, "That bike is bulletproof." I had a nice smile as I kept looking around.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the Victory motorcycles but the biggest problem here in Australia is dealerships or should I say lack of them.

Victory do have dealerships in the major cities but out in the country side none at all, I think in Australia there is only about 8 dealerships, so for service, parts or breakdowns you are going to have to be prepared to travel some miles to get your bike seen to if you don't live in one of the major cities.

I wanted to try a Victory I do really like them but my closest dealer is 4 hours away where my Suzuki dealer is ten minute's away from so I stick to my C50 cheers.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It for the most part looks like your bike but in a different color and you call your bike a bobber. :wtf:
Sorry I just don't see it, it looks nothing at all like my bike. The Victory has full fenders, rear seat, turn signals, I just dont see a bobber there.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Victory is a nice bike, might be my next bike if I ever decide to go to a bigger one. Right now I'm just enjoyin' the C50T!

·
Administrator
29,710 Posts
I really like it. Nothing new under the sun, but I think Victory has it right. A better bike at a better price and you can have it either way. You can get a slick, end to end designed cruiser from Victory or, for only 21k, you can have the real original AMerican bike. And lemme tell ya the real deal is chock full of pretty.

One of the problems I've had with Harley is their lack of innovation, combined with a lack of desire to also offer a real "heritage" machine.

I love the Heritage Softtail, and my own Harley was a Heritage Springer classic. Still, neither bike felt, wholly, like a Harley Davidson. Yet, at the same time, the bike was also not chock full of goodies that would urge me to give up being old school enough to buy another, especially at their price points.

Victory has the most awesome array of power cruisers and baggers and now they offer a chromed and gleamed, sculpted, tan leather, wide seated, fringed up real heritage machine for 21k, offered up by the real original American name in bikes.

Other than the front end, which felt like it came from the Coca COla Factory in Atlanta, the Indian was awesome, and it was the first crusier I've seen in two decades that LOOOKED like I could pay 21k for it without throwing up in my mouth.

Simply, I'm shocked they don't see more market share. As the market continues to decline, I see Victory and Indian becoming important players because of their diverse product ability. They can sell quads to the Army, and use some of those profits to continue developing a thinner margin brand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts