Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I just got a new batwing fairing off ebay for 122.50 plus 33.00 shipping. Not bad right? It was primered and came with basic mount and a windshield. I painted it with PlastiDip to match the rest and I couldnt be happier!!! Now with my exhaust mod and the fairing, All the Harley guys actually take notice and wave. Its kinda cool. Took me a couple days to manufacture some custom mounts and make sure it was solid. For 150.00 I think it turned out perfect. What do ya'll think ??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Wow, that's a great deal on the fairing. Congrats

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fairing fitment

Very nice! How do you know what types would fit our bikes?
I was watching only fairings with the headlight opening of 8.5 inches. Some are only 7.5. Then I just had to make some custom brackets. Just about anything will work with some ingenuity and a little fabrication skills. or an extra 150.00 for the bracket kit for our bike. :wayhappy::evil:

·
Administrator
53,946 Posts
Fairings or windshields will cause wind buffeting; and the short answer is, build or purchase a pair of lowers and those will divert around 90% of the buffeting.

See attached image:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wind and buffeting

How does it do with wind and buffeting ? I had heard once that fairings actually are worse than windshields in that regard, so I'd like to hear what you find.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I do notice a difference. It has reduced the buffeting by about 30%. I am going to order an aerodynamic National cycle or Klock Werks 6.5" flared windshield. and maybe some lowers if that doesnt do enough. But I am very happy so far. And my old lady notices a difference as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
new hd windsplitter windshield

How does it do with wind and buffeting ? I had heard once that fairings actually are worse than windshields in that regard, so I'd like to hear what you find.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Ok, so I just got my gently used HD Wind Splitter windshield from ebay. 40.00 plus shipping. It is fantastic. I think that I still want to get a Klock Werks one, cause I hear that they work even better even though they are very similar. I may also get one about 2" taller as well. but we shall see. So far though, I love it.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.