Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nooby question.. Just purchased a 09 VL800
. Question is what is the difference between a M50, C50 C50SE, C50T VL800C/T, Volusia and Boulvard? My title says VL8, the gas tank says Boulevard. I'm at a point that I don't know what I have HELP!:moneyeyes:

·
Administrator
6,244 Posts
Okay, here goes: The C50 is the plain cruiser model; the C50T is that same bike with windshield, saddlebags and a passenger backrest (fitted for Touring); the C50SE is a C50 with (I think just) a special paint job; the M50 is the "muscle" variant, with a different seating position among other tweaks - the only really "different" one of the bunch.

Others may amplify and correct me here, but basically that's it.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'll add. The Volusia is pre 2005. Same bike now called C50. 2005 and after are called Boulavard. Same bike new name. All 805 CC.

Reactions: azimuth3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thanks for the response guys! It clears everything up.
Bike sounds like a sewing machine, so I just ordered V&H Propipe and the Bully pkg.
I'm located in southern NM

2010 Street Glide
2008 Roadstar
2007 Stratoliner
2007 1200 Beamer

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Hey, thanks for the response guys! It clears everything up.
Bike sounds like a sewing machine, so I just ordered V&H Propipe and the Bully pkg.
I'm located in southern NM

2010 Street Glide
2008 Roadstar
2007 Stratoliner
2007 1200 Beamer
Yep, that's the factory installed acustics option installed on all models. If it stops rattellin' start woryin':biglaugh:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Okay, here goes: The C50 is the plain cruiser model; the C50T is that same bike with windshield, saddlebags and a passenger backrest (fitted for Touring); the C50SE is a C50 with (I think just) a special paint job; the M50 is the "muscle" variant, with a different seating position among other tweaks - the only really "different" one of the bunch.

Others may amplify and correct me here, but basically that's it.
All I would add is that SE has cast aluminum wheels as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Reactions: azimuth3

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a nooby question.. Just purchased a 09 VL800
. Question is what is the difference between a M50, C50 C50SE, C50T VL800C/T, Volusia and Boulvard? My title says VL8, the gas tank says Boulevard. I'm at a point that I don't know what I have HELP!:moneyeyes:
your serial no. will tell you what you have

·
Super Moderator
33,528 Posts
Oh, man. Now I'm even more confused, I guess. I thought this was this thread.

I think I need a nap. 🙃

1 - 17 of 17 Posts