Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local motorcycle club which I am a member of has membership based on mature and senior aged riders. Recently a group of members took a Saturday morning ride to a nearby country village for coffee and a return ride by either direct or indirect route as each individual's free time allowed, a round trip of only about 70km or a bit longer depending which way you went home.
One of the guys, Gordon, a Honda 750 Shadow rider, commented later that it was just a nice length ride for him, and that he got home without feeling too tired.
Not a remarkable story in any way except for one detail . . .

Gordon just turned 92.

This same guy left his motorcycle at home on his 90th birthday to do something more sedate . . . a tandem parachute jump out of a Cessna airplane over a country valley.

Sure puts a different slant on the common saying “getting too old for this sh*t” !

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
I remember those tadem jumps days. My five and two nights....Legs on the ground.......at 90 that's a blessing, altitude correction, attitude is a good thing......That's awesome......Go Paratrooper

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm in a Veteran club. I believe I am the youngest (at 27) out of all 15 chapters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.