Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plans were to go on an all day ride with friends. But due to a person in a truck who cant look forward when he drives, my world has been turned upside down. I was hit by a truck 2 miles from my friends house when i turned onto her road. I was ejected off the bike and back onto the State Road and traffic i turned off from. I have some road rash in my knee. Lucky it was a cold morning and i had on the heavy leather coat/gauntlets/helmet to protect other parts of my body. The impact broke my tibia and fibula. I was airlifted to a hospital where i had surgery and a rod was put in my tibia. I talked to the paramedic days later and he said i am lucky i didnt lose my foot. Apparently when he got to me, my foot was cold and he could feel no pulse. I have been off work for a month now. I have another Dr appointment in 2 weeks to see how i am healing. All in all, i know i am so grateful to be alive. Most motorcycle accidents do not have the same outcome. Please ride safe!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
256 Posts
So sorry to read this,hope you get better soon.It is stories like this that really make it tough to decide,ride or give it up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am definitely not done riding. The situation is very unfortunate but i hoped to be healed, have another bike and be rolling again in the spring. If i had a car accident, i would not stop driving. I can say that i am plotting my next paint job and it will be called the 'can you see me now *******' paint scheme.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
8,886 Posts
Oh, dear -- I'm so sorry to hear this. Darn it!

It sounds like the worst is past now, however, and that you're on the road to both physical and mental recovery. As the saying goes, I'm just glad you are here to post this yourself.

Keep working hard on your recovery, sister, and let us know how you're doing, and about your new bike, when the time comes.

Hugs and prayers!

·
Super Moderator
25,226 Posts
So sorry to hear about this, and based on that pic I'd say your angel was riding with you. I sincerely hope you heal well and fast. As for your attitude... :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Prayers for you and your complete recovery. Riding is a great thing but it sure does have it's risks. You have to wonder about the mental capacity of a driver that couldn't see that pretty bright colored bike in broad daylight right in front of him! WOW! Best wishes.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Hope your recovery is fast and complete.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Prayers for your speedy recovery and thanks to the angel riding with you. Be sure to post pics of your new ride in the spring :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Prayers for a quick and full recovery.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Get well soon.
You've got angels above.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt worse than you were. It sucks when riders are the victims of idiots in cages who don't bother to look where they are going. I hope your recovery continues to go well.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Prayers out for quick and complete healing!

·
Super Moderator
20,490 Posts
sorry to read of your accident...from the look of the photo...guess one could say you are lucky to still be with us...hope the healing goes well.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts