Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a power commander or anything like that, bought a hypercharger not knowing I needed one.

·
Registered
19,447 Posts
Unlike the complex ECU on an automobile, the simple 32bit processor on the C50 is rather rudimentary. ANY time you make a change to the intake or the exhaust, an aftermarket fuel programmer is necessary. When it is all said and done and properly tuned you can expect between 4 and 5 additional hp over stock.

your best bet is to purchase one from the internet or through your local dealer. Most people sell their bikes with the fuel processor in place, so they don't come up very often in the swap meet.

Just an FYI on the hypercharger. You will have to invest in the rain sock for the intake, as its "ram air" position will cause you to ingest water into your engine if you ride in damp conditions.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Personally, I don't see the benefit in the expenditure and work, plus all the tinkering to get a few more horses out of an 800 cc engine.
Make the bike look nice, yes.
Make it ride nice, yes.
Make it comfy, for sure.

A few more horses???
Buy a bigger bike.

But that's JMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not so much the few more horses I'm after, it's the ability to look one off. All summer I ran into c50t bikes that looked identical, I wanted to rebuild something that screams me, thus the custom paint job I'm in the process of and a few diffrent parts. Its def gonna be a diffrent bike when I'm done.

·
Registered
19,447 Posts
A word of caution on going "too" custom.... When it comes time to resell, the aftermarket parts and paint work add no value to the bike. Years ago, we had a member invest $10,000 in custom paint, wheels, bags and every farkle you could imagine. He went to trade it a few years later and was angry that the dealer would only offer blue book value.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far I'm still in a profit margin, I got the bike on a trade, I work at a paint and body shop so supplies and time are cheap to me, most I've spent is 800 on parts. If I stay under 1000 I'll still come out way above if I go to sell it.

·
Registered
19,447 Posts
Good plan. I can't wait to see how it comes out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts