Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know where I can buy the missing male half of the headlight Auxiliary Power Connector. Is there some standardized connector charts or such. Surely the other half is available someplace? I want to use this switched power and ground to run a relay to power some driving lights.

I don't want to cut the existing plug off, but also don't want to just stick a terminal connector in the open plug. It just seems half-assed being an airplane mechanic for all these years.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
just change it to a different matched plug configuration

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just change it to a different matched plug configuration
That may be an option if I can't find the correct connector. Is there enough length to get it out of the headlight bucket? It doesn't look like a lot of room to work in there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly like that if it is the missing half! That is why I was asking what that type connector was called. How did you find that out?

I was searching for Suzuki parts and found nothing. Since I didn't know the type connector.

I am most grateful 03volusiarider! Thank you very much!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I just search 2 pin spade connector in e-bay motors. It is a lot to scroll through, but they are there. You will not find anything from Suzuki. I had ordered a light bar for my VL1500 and it came with a female connector, but the connector in my headlight was also female, so I had to find the male connector. You need the male also right? Because I still have the female.

·
Registered
806 Posts
You can also cut off the remaining connector and just wire nut the ends together. That's what I did and it's worked fine for a couple of years. Oh, I also wrapped the connection with electricians tape.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am using the stock aux plug connector that is in the headlight bucket. I think that is female. I haven't opened it up to look myself but I think I saw a female connector in some pictures. When I have everything I need and decide where to locate things I will get to wiring.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can also cut off the remaining connector and just wire nut the ends together. That's what I did and it's worked fine for a couple of years. Oh, I also wrapped the connection with electricians tape.
I think I have found the connector I am looking for thanks to 03Volusiarider.

I wasn't sure if there was enough "extra" wire in there to pull, snip and strip and crimp?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just search 2 pin spade connector in e-bay motors. It is a lot to scroll through, but they are there. You will not find anything from Suzuki. I had ordered a light bar for my VL1500 and it came with a female connector, but the connector in my headlight was also female, so I had to find the male connector. You need the male also right? Because I still have the female.
This is the connector. I will try find a better pic. That looks female to me and I think the ebay connectors are the correct ones.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
The Auxilliary connector in the headlite bucket is supplied with the idea on the part of Suzuki, that you will purchase and use the factory optional lite bar....

As others have said... any two terminal connector can be spliced onto those wires ''instead of or in parallel to'' the original ones.

You can get those double ended connectors at any NAPA type automotive store. Even Walmart has them around here.

Just be aware that anything connected to that power is going to create additional load and heat through the ignition switch though ''in theory'' the ignition switch should have been designed to handle any current up to the maximum wattage rating of the bikes electrical system. - apparently it isn't and it doesn't.

Reactions: 10-64
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.