Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shoulders and neck are taking a beating and I'd like to know if any one in my height range has riser that pullback and up
Thanks,
Icy :?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am 5' 6'' and I had the same problem shoulder fatigue was killing me I added the show chrome risers that raise the bars and pull them back and it made all the difference. As for the neck pain if you dont have a windshield and lowers they make a big difference almost eliminating any head movement even at high speed. good luck.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Myself also....5' 8" and I also went with risers....The risers brought the handle bars up and towards me and this made the ride more comfy for me and with less back and arm pain.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: need some one about 5 foot 7 inches to answer riser ques

Icemanchp3 said:
My shoulders and neck are taking a beating and I'd like to know if any one in my height range has riser that pullback and up
Thanks,
Icy :?
Barron risers.....made it much more comfortable for me. 66"
I like the Barron risers.....a little bit different. They have a good rise and set back.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
5'8" I have the HD deuce risers that are about 5" higher and 3" back. Much better on my shoulders. Then I put on beach bars. I don't have to reach at all for the handlebars.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I'm 5'8" added the Aeromach risers and I would highly recommend risers and backrest. Those along with Cobra bars and highway pegs and it makes riding as comfy as sitting in a recliner.

·
Registered
559 Posts
5'6" and added 2" spacers under the handlebars, good improvement on comfort. I like to straightarm the handlebar, this mod was perfect for me, got rid of right shoulder pain.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Well, I'm 3" shorter than that and Phat II's made a huge difference.

·
Registered
218 Posts
5'7", Added Phat II's and the pain between the shoulder blades disappeared. Between that and the Mustang seat I now have almost a 90 degree bend in my elbow while riding, very comfortable. The reduced reach also helps alot when doing tight, low speed manuvers.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
keep in mind height does not equal reach does not equal inseam. Just because someone is 5'7" doesnt mean they have the same reach as you. Same goes for inseam.... just food for thought.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
5'8 +1 (Aeromach, I think).

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
PhL0aTeR said:
Just because someone is 5'7" doesnt mean they have the same reach as you.
Good point. I'm in the same boat with the back and shoulder pain, as I'm also about 5'7" and measuring from the center of my palm to the end of my arm (armpit) is about 21". I haven't been able to find any consistent info on measuring arm reach. If my measurment is relatively accurate or close to others of similar size, what particular riser has of benefit? 4"? 6"? 8"? (If anyone has tried out different sizes)

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
LkwdC50B said:
PhL0aTeR said:
Just because someone is 5'7" doesnt mean they have the same reach as you.
Good point. I'm in the same boat with the back and shoulder pain, as I'm also about 5'7" and measuring from the center of my palm to the end of my arm (armpit) is about 21". I haven't been able to find any consistent info on measuring arm reach. If my measurment is relatively accurate or close to others of similar size, what particular riser has of benefit? 4"? 6"? 8"? (If anyone has tried out different sizes)
simple answer for you is to put your fists where you want them, have someone measure.... if your fists are 2" up and 2" back from your grips, then get risers that are 2 up and 2 back. even if you eyball it, its going to be close.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Im 5/5 and this is what i have and worked great for me but the back rast was a big help for the back pain PhatRisers II™ by Scootworks- Now also available in GLOSS BLACK and SHOW CHROME! - These handlebar risers were created especially for 'vertically challenged' riders and folks who just want _more_ pullback! Raises the bars 2" above that of the OEM Suzuki mount, and pulls your grips back 3" closer to you. Works with original cables/hoses in most applications, but requires you to reroute them behind the triple tree in some applications. PERFECT for riders with short arms or being 5'5" or shorter. Weighing in at over 1.6 lbs each, these hefty risers come with the same great features as our PhatRisers™ above! **NOTE: These risers are not for Suzuki models where wiring passes through the _inside_ of the handlebars/risers. For those models, see our RISER SPACERS further down this page. Pricing: $114.95 (micro-polished), $114.95 (gloss black), $139.95 (Show Chrome), $154.95 (Chrome w/Flames - out of stock)-

Check out

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
risers

Thank you all, I'm thinking I will go with the Baron risers. Anyone know where I can get them cheaper ?
Ice :) :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts