Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think I found a nice bike, just not sure on what I should expect to get in price. Here's the specs..

05' black and Blue C50
2230 miles
Highway Bar
saddlebags
passenger back rest
windshield

All maintanence done their at dealer since purchase.

They just got it on an upgrade to a C90.

He's currently asking 6499.00 but negotiable.

If it is something I think I would like, what would be a safe price for a fair to good deal IYO. I know, perhaps knowing the brands of all the extra's would help. but, don't know that yet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Kinda high IMHO. I'm almost sure you can get a brand new C50 for that... or close to it

but i don't know recent prices...I have an '03. I'm sure someone more knowlegable in prices will chime in.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
blue book is 4685.

trade in is 3225 which is why they are trying to sell private party.

what are other private party bikes in your area selling for? how about dealer price for an 05 c50 in your area? seems really high to me, but im a bargain hunter. I bought my brand new volusia in 04 for 6K before taxes and everything.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Are you sure it's a C50 and not a C50T? That's low mileage, and $6499 isn't a horrible price. The T has the bars, bags, windscreen and backrest. I'd offer $6000 and see what they do. KBB retail value is $4685 for the C50 and $5445 for the C50T, that's in "good" condition. The low miles would increase the price some.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so the extra's should amount to that much then is what you are saying.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Def. a C50, not a T. Yeah, I was thinking it was way to high.. and knew it would be. But, I am looking for a bike in the 5k range. This is in Fort Smith Arkansas btw

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it's high.. I was hopeing to maybe get an idea of what might be a good range. Most dealers around here are going to work this same way I have a feeling.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
First thing about buying a used bike is that you have make sure you tell the dealer that "options/accessories mean nothing to the bottom line".

You are buying a used vehicle and it's going to be insured for the book value. That, if you are lucky, is going to be what a replacement value will be. AND that's exactly what they will tell YOU if you were to trade it in.

Remember that you NEVER want to be in an upsidedown situation on a bike. Something can go wrong with it at anytime.

If you like the bike, give him an offer of $4800 or so. I could be wrong but that's all I'd be willing to pay for a 3 year old bike.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
cactusjack said:
Are you sure it's a C50 and not a C50T? That's low mileage, and $6499 isn't a horrible price. The T has the bars, bags, windscreen and backrest. I'd offer $6000 and see what they do. KBB retail value is $4685 for the C50 and $5445 for the C50T, that's in "good" condition. The low miles would increase the price some.
I see what you are saying but regardless, this is not a c50t. regardless of how they set it up for him. If he bought it today (regardless of price) then he would get a replacement value on a c50 and not a c50t.

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
This is, as it appears, about a $5000 bike, at best. I would continue shopping.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I just bought brand new last fall. I was finding that toward the end of the model year, you can get them for $5300-5500 + TTL and all of that. I paid like $6100 OTD. For an '07 in Sept. His is 3 model years old.

Yes, that might be $1000 in accessories, but they might not be stuff that you value, plus they are now USED accessories.

I'd say he's about $1000 overpriced, but who knows if you'll get him down to that. IF I was wanting a windshield, bags, and sissy bar, I might think about paying $5000-5500 for that bike. But that's just my $.02

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
try craigslist.com in your area.

check the BIKES FOR SALE ad here on this board.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, just got back from them.. Ok, I had him give me a quote on what all the addon's would cost. He gave me a printout, but I left it in my wife's car or I would list them. On this printout it was 1500 worth of stuff which I figured that means on the net I could probably 1/2 that myself. I told him I just can't see paying for a 05 with no warrenty for as much as I can walk out the door with in a new 07 with no accessories. Of course he 'understood' and the ol question came up with 'how much are you looking to spend. I told him for that bike I wouldn't give more than 5k and he gave me the 'well, let me see what I can do'.

When he came back, he said "well, we really can't get that low with this particular bike because we have more than 5k in it. BUT...." there's always a 'but', "I can get you in a brand new 07 no accessories for 5997.00.

I wasn't ready for that curve ball and I was running outa time (wife had to go pick up son at school).. and just told him, we would talk it over and get back with him.

Anyways.. 5997 for a new 07 is where it stands. Not sure it is is the ol', lets see if we can get him in a new one before we drop price.. kinda thing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wehrd1 said:
try craigslist.com in your area.

check the BIKES FOR SALE ad here on this board.
Done both of that and really nothing that I can see. But thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
I bought the exact same bike, 05' C50, even same color, with 6,150 miles on the odo. Prev owner also upgraded to something else. Dealer asked $5,500 with only saddlebags installed. Made him throw in original windshield, Bobster goggles and Battery tender junior and we had a deal.
Just as a guideline! The pic in my gallery is recent with all sorts of things I added on, including a DJ final drive.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts