Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that i have your attention,

let me introduce myself,

I am a Nairobi Prince and i have alot of money......errrr wait... thats not right :biglaugh:

Anywhoot. I have a 04 c50 that i have been working on over the last few years. I finally am getting to the point where i like the way it looks, with the exception of the monstrousity that is the head light :shades:

but anyway, aftwer i welded up my exhuast this past weekend, i went to start the bike....no go, when i flipped the little red switch that turns everything on. i heard nothing. checked a bunch of things, & Nuttin.

I then came to the conclusion it was my fault for leaving the bike out in the rain all the time uncovered (yes i know bad move, im getting better at covering it now) So i ASS-U-Med that it was that whole switch module thing on the right handlebar. so i dissasembled it tested all the wires & circuit, all looked good, re-assembled it, & now i have 1 little piece of braonze metal clip thingy left. its shaped sort of like an L & i looked & looked & could not find out where the hell it goes. but i buttoned everything up. looked at the bike & said F it...

then as i walked into the house a light bulb went off in my head....

My son had been outside fiddling around while i was working on the bike (pair valve removal) . So i went to the bike, put it in Neutral & the bike started....... yeah i know i know...check the obvious things first....but it didnt cross my mind since it is ALWAYS in N when parked. Tried to start the bike & it started right up :wayhappy:

But 1 little issue, is my blinkers blink fast. All 4 of them. all 4 running lights work, & all 4 blink,, so i dont think it is due to any of them being blown, but i think it may have to do with that extra piece i have left over (even though blionkers are on the other handelbar )

so does anyone know or have a picture so i can figure where this thing goes?

prior to me monkeying around with it this past weekend, they (blinkers) always worked

thanks....

ill get some pics up tonight

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
are they perhaps led bulbs in the blinkers?

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
in cars fast blinking indicates one is not functioning properly. other than that I really don't know what the problem might be. sorry and good luck. I'm sure someone here will know.

·
Registered
432 Posts
if it's a little bronze looking piece with a hole(a screw goes there), usually that's to hold down the wires so they don't get pinched when reassembling the switch housings... well that's the way it usually is in the older bikes. Unfortunately, I never had to open the controls on my C50. Hope you find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.