Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19,724 Posts
Sorry to hear she took a downward turn. Glad she reversed it though.

Prayers still flowing for her and all the family.

·
Super Moderator
56,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the prayers and kind words everyone. It may have been more like a bronchitis. Still waiting for more test results. I'd like them to help get her anxiety under control. They prescribed Atarax and she said shortly after the jitters were starting to lessen. That is the reason I brought her in a number of times over the past year. With this lung thing she had to stay and now through extended observation (as I wanted all along) hopefully we are on the right track to put her anxiety behind her. It's a terrible thing to watch let alone live through at any given time.

·
Super Moderator
23,828 Posts
Glad to hear she's doing better. At her age, every bronchitis can be serious. You're a good son for taking care of her. We'll keep the prayers coming for you guys.

·
Administrator
51,667 Posts
Beez, Sending prayers for Your Mom.
One question; does She have an ear infection in either ear?
Ear infections are frequently the culprit when Bronchitis starts creeping in.
Have Her lay down, one side at a time, and add a little bit of Hydrogen Peroxide to the ear.
If it fizzles up like pouring soda on ice, an ear infection it is.

·
Super Moderator
19,667 Posts
Alone and likes/wants it that way.
can't blame her and if there is someone close by to check in on her that's good for now...seems like for many of us we are at that stage of life with parents who now would rather not have to feel dependent on their children but realisticly have to be dependent on their children to oversee their care and well being. Take care Bob...wish we could help in some way aside from prayers.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I finally got her to go to the hospital yesterday. She has pneumonia again, her heart isn't getting any better, she's depressed as well as bouts of anxiety. It was so pathetic watching and listening to her. I couldn't imagine living like that for the better part of 2 years since she fell and ended up with pneumonia back then when her knee and head was healing up. Whatever you guys can send her way please do.

·
Super Moderator
56,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It was pneumonia. She's home. Yesterday was a very stressful day. I finally got them to prescribe something she can take when she feels the anxiety come on. I really didn't want to leave the hospital until that happened.
When I got her home I set up 4 weekly pill containers for different times of day to take the guesswork out of her prescriptions. She had a bottle here and a bottle over in that spot and one over there........ Even though at times she said her meds confused her and I explained I was trying to organize them she got mad and told me to go home. Well I was getting pissed too when she asked what the one pill was for like 4 different times. I told her the next time she asked it was for this and if she was to ask again it was for this and so on and so on. Like a stuck record when I was trying to concentrate and move forward. Like holy sh!t!
I didn't call yet today. As a matter of fact late in the day yesterday I was told I needed to do like a 6 hour online Red Cross training thing to be finished ahead of the in person training on Monday. I wish I knew that earlier in the week as I spent more than that at the hospital and could have easily done that there. I was finally done at 11 and slept in later than usual today. As I was taking it I told Belinda to fall down or cut herself so I could practice what I learned on her :p

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Glad she's home Beezer :)
Take a deep breath & repeat several times.....with or without inhaling, your choice. Make sure you take time for yourself & Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
19,667 Posts
glad to read she's home but her confusion with the meds is troubling...it may be in everybody's best interest to start preparing for her to receive some assistance in her care in the very near future...these situations are all too common as well as not welcoming by the parents when they can't realize they really are unable to take care of themselves at times like this. Feel for you Bob...Barb and I just went thru this with Barbs father...heart breaking experience for her with a lot of hurtful things said in the process. But he's in a place now where we at least feel comfortable and reassured that his well being is being tended to.

·
Super Moderator
56,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I came to see mom and she's very weak. She did manage this morning to climb up a ladder to get a birthday card for Belinda. I'm glad that I didn't come here to find her on the floor with the way she's walking.
I'm going to bring her home for a few hours for a change of scenery and I'll probably make a big pot of chicken soup.

·
Administrator
51,667 Posts
Beez, how is Mom today?
Feeling a bit better, I hope and pray.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts