hey guys I have 04 vl800 Volusia intruder its fuel injected and im looking at hypercharger just want to know a step by step instruction on installation if anyone can help and will i need the power commander and fuel processor? any help will be great
Codie, last Saturday I did a Hypercharger on my 02 Vol. plan on it taking about 3-4 hours if you are unfamiliar with it.
Here is what I learned,
1. you want to order the thunder adapter kit for your hypercharger well in advance. double check, but it should come with the rejetting kit in it. Thunder MFG is notorious for having good parts and Terrible service. they are slow slow slow. took me a month to get it. after they said it would be here two Tuesdays ago.
2. the two jets you want ot use are the .45 pilot jet (it looks like a small brass seringe w/ holes in the tubing) and hte main jet will be a 142.
the thunder instructions are almost useless. read them, study them keep them and pad your knees with them. then throw it away.
3. Ignore the instructions when they say to put the tiny eclip on the second notch from the top. Put it on the Third notch from the top. putting it on the second has not worked well for anyone.
4. on the carb, you will need to plug a tiny hole that you will think that you need to take off the carb bell to get to. DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE TWO SCREWS THAT HOLD THE BELL ON. these two tiny screws are notoroius for stripping out. they are a soft metal and wont come out. what I did was take a ice pick or tool pick, and take elec tape and put the tiny pin onto the tip of the pick. there is an indent on teh pin that lets it fit on. then wrap the tape around the pin and hte tool at the same time. you will be able to see the hole that needs to be plugged. the bell sitt off center a little allowing you to put the tool past the bell and put the plug into the air jet. lightly tap it in and then carefully remove the tool and tape, leaving hte plug in the hole.
5. to make your life easy, just take the carb off all the way, it is easy to put back on.
6. the thunder rejet kit will come with a drill bit to drill out the plug for the mix screw. dont be afraid to do this, you drill out a plug and use a screw to remove the rest of the plug and you will find a mix screw underneath the plug. Carefully screw it all the way in and them back it out 2.5-3 turns. 2.5 is most common I believe.
7. the vacuum line you want to use will be the one that comes off the tanks petcock
8. use a small amount of RTV gasket maker between the two aluminum adapter plates from thunder. mine didn't come w a gasket adn it couldnt hurt to be sure you ahve a good seal. other than that, let me know how it goes. it will really transform your ride.