Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered HK 3" staggered pipes and will have them put on and carb re jetted on my VL800Does anyone know what Kuryakyn hpercharger to also use?
I want to be sure what to buy

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Doesnt matter which hypercharger you buy, its just a housing for the air filter, so they are pretty much the same as a functionality aspect, however the thunder adapter kit is what you will have to make sure is designed for the VL800.

You did plan on having the air kit and the pipes installed at the same time right? One rejet is better than 2.... especially when you are paying someone else to do it!

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Don't bother trying to order the Hypercharger Pro. First: I don't think they even make one for the Vol, second: The reason they don't is that the pro handles way more air than the Vol requires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed the HK Strippers and Hypercharger and Stinger option this weekend. If you go with the Hypercharger, $39 more for the Stinger is in order. Also, $15 more for the 24kt gold butterflies is cool too.

These were installed on an M50.

·
Registered
916 Posts
The Kuryakyn hypercharger is a one shot deal. It is made for all kinds of bikes. They just include the appropriate mounting kit to go with the Hypercharger. The Hyper is the same from machine to machine...Funny you wrote I got this answer from Kuryakyn this morning as I asked the same question !!! A very good tech gave me the skinny on the "hyper" as he called it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
NA7A said:
Just installed the HK Strippers and Hypercharger and Stinger option this weekend. If you go with the Hypercharger, $39 more for the Stinger is in order. Also, $15 more for the 24kt gold butterflies is cool too.

These were installed on an M50.
As a fellow M50 owner... I NEED PICS!!!!! :D

(I was contemplating a Hypercharger... I think they look so cool... and I'd like to see how it looks on your M.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts