Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried and tried to post pictures of my Rosie in my Gallery but it keeps telling me that the file is to big or corrupted. These are the same pictures I had in my Gallery in the first place and I ran a scan on them for Viruses....none detected. How do you make the file smaller...? I tried eveything I could think of but Have found no way to srink the pictures. HELP.......!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
http://www.irfanview.com/ can rezie you r pics to the new size limit AND byte limit of 256k per pic

later you can get a picture editing program like from corel or adobe.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
MocycleWolf said:
Hannover said:
The limits for the gallery are...

Maximum image width (pixel): 1024
Maximum image height (pixel): 768
Total size of 256K

Here are some tools that you can try...

http://www.picresize.com/

Microsoft picture resizer
Yes, I have limited the size of the images so that I don't end up with another 2GB image folder on the server :)

-McW
Totally understandable and reasonable limits.

256 will get you a good quality 800x600 picture or a medium quality 1024x768

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy Pictures, Batman

I don't know what to do for sure now, I resized the pictures and even ran a scan on them then tried to post the picture. I am still getting the message: file is to large or corrupted. What the Heck.....???????

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been having tha same problem. I've resized and re-tried to post with the same "too large"message. Finally just gave up........

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
...Had the same problem to begin with. ( Pics WERE from old gallery ), but after McW upped the limit a bit... all was good!
I can sort of see the problem, if you shoot large file, such as I do.
Try the Irfanview! It seemed like a really good program!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
your pics have to no more than 256k bytes big. You can have say a 400 x300 pixel one but if the data size ( ie resolution) is bigger than 2566k then it still is too big.

i found 640 X480 and resolution of 72 is never rejected .

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I re sized with the IRFANVIEW, I even went as far as making it 800 x600 gave it; it own file and still nothing. I guess I'll just put in my photobucket. Thanks for everyones advice.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
customroddr said:
I re sized with the IRFANVIEW, I even went as far as making it 800 x600 gave it; it own file and still nothing. I guess I'll just put in my photobucket. Thanks for everyones advice.
but what was your resolution? 72dpi? 82 dpi? you can have a 800 x 600 pic if the actual data size is not bigger than 256k it will work. it is the resolution size that also affects how big it is.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
you should be able to have a 800x600 jpg with medium compression and still be far under the size limit.

what are the actual sizes (file & dimensions) of the pictures ?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Boxwrench said:
customroddr said:
but what was your resolution? 72dpi? 82 dpi? you can have a 800 x 600 pic if the actual data size is not bigger than 256k it will work. it is the resolution size that also affects how big it is.
Here is the next question, what is the format? Currently the site only supports JPG and PCT since there is a problem with GIF (so we don't allow GIF right now).

-McW

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used Microsoft Paint to resize my photos before the galleries were cleared.

Now I get the "file too big or corrupted" message each time, even when trying to put back some of the original pics I had in my gallery.

I will recheck the sizing parameters.

Thanks to everyone for listing the other programs to use. Hopefully I will will get some pics posted back into my gallery.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
I ran into a limit on the number of pics in my gallery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts