Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went from leather bags to mutazu hard bags on my 2003 volusia and I'm afraid that they will brake or at least will crack in case I would lay down. I have the front crash bars already but I'm not sure if they will be enough to protect the bags, now I've seen pictures of bikes with some kind of rear bars that I think are for that purpose but I just can't find them anywhere. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I just went from leather bags to mutazu hard bags on my 2003 volusia and I'm afraid that they will brake or at least will crack in case I would lay down. I've seen pictures of bikes with some kind of rear bars that I think are for that purpose.
Just speaking from personal experience, if you tip the bike over at very low speeds in a parking lot the rear crash bars will prevent damage. However they may not offer that much protection to your hard bags if you lay the bike down hard. And I believe the Nomad crash bars to be as sturdy as any of them out there.

You'll note that the rear crash bar is all twisted out of position here. I had to replace both and front and rear crash bars (not to mention the saddlebag !) after this debacle.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Do you think the damage to your bags was due to the bars not being protuberant enough? What about bigger bars, would they have given more protection?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
There not really there to save the bags,,,,,more there to save the bike from flipping over and keep it up right ,,,,they do there job fine.....if your trying to save the bags. Keep the in the box ....lol:biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
20,452 Posts
lot easier checking the oil on a lift also... more accurate too. less damage...sure you are aware of that...good luck with the guards...remember seeing a thread here years ago about someone from some european country that made them...one would think some us company would make them too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts