Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I bought a 2008 C50T (VL800) in excellent condition. My wife likes riding with me but we need a more comfortable seat. She needs at least mini floorboards. We are looking forward to doing longer rides this summer without getting numbutts and sore feet 馃檪.

I鈥檓 hoping to find a Mustang or Ultimate seat at a (relatively) reasonable price. Yes, I am looking at the Ultimate seat posted recently but want to see if there are any other options while confirming if it will fit my 2008.

Passenger floorboard recommendations are also welcome. My local shop had a hard time picking an aftermarket option other than Cobra which costs $250+. eBay and Amazon have some cheap plate steel floorboards but I can tell we want better quality.

Ok. Check your garage and storage attic, then post any matches! Links or make/model recommendations also welcome... especially used so I can buy gas and dine out on our longer rides 馃槃.

Registered
I have a Mustang seat that came from 2011 c50T it is in great condition. comes with an aftermarket back rest too. Let me know if you are interested. Located in Austin, TX

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Mustang seat that came from 2011 c50T it is in great condition. comes with an aftermarket back rest too. Let me know if you are interested. Located in Austin, TX
I am Still looking for year compatibility.... anyone have an easy quick reference for model year seat (etc.) differences?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
If you go to https://www.mustangseats.com/ and put in a 2008 C50 and a 2011 C50 you will see that there is a difference.
Yup. Drat. @gkalyanapu looks like your seat will be slightly different.
If it is the model 79620 then I will make it work if you can manage a $450 price. Not sure what mods I will be in for but I have to save our butts soon. Thanks in advance and hoping i can get your mustang back on the road.

Registered
The seat mount is completely different between the 2008 and 2011 model year bikes.

Seats from 2001-2008 will only fit those model years. Seats from 2009 and up will only fit those model years. There is no cross compatibility.

Registered
Everyone's opinion -- and butt -- is different, and what works for one won't do for another. The seats of both my Honda CBR300R and my '08 C50 needed improvement to make my rear happy -- the Honda more than the Suzuki. Looking around, I was aghast at seat prices, not because I thought they weren't worth it if they worked but that if they didn't work I'd be out a big chunk of change. As an alternative, I took a chance on a couple of knock-off Airhawk-style air cushions. Read any review and they will say you have to get the air level just right to get the full benefit, and this is absolutely true. But once I made a few rides and finally got that right -- oh, my! You cannot begin to appreciate how much they help until you experience it.

Here's the one I got for the Honda:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Air-Seat-Cushion-like-brand-names-BUT-durable-2xs-thick-Poly-insert/292575818288?hash=item441ee0b230:g:D0AAAOSw7m9bBbB3:sc:USPSPriority!29706!US!-1

There's a US seller that I got the one for the Suzuki from, and I don't see his listing right now, but here it is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/motorcycle-air-seat-cushion-Cruiser-Touring/312366581393?hash=item48ba7fc691:g:FLEAAOSwLuBb4KVS

The genuine Airhawks have a better warranty and are still cheap compared to custom seats, but these have been great so far.

Registered
I'll be selling my 2008 C50 this summer and once I get a stock front and rear seat I'll be selling my Mustang. If interested send me a PM as what you are thinking a "reasonable" price would be.

Also for the list, just a heads up that I'll be having some accessories up for sale as I take my bike back to stock as much as I can. OTOH that list includes a OEM front light bar, Kuryakyn flamed floorboards, Kuryakyn rear pegs, Kuryakyn front footrests, left/right chrome side covers and of course the Mustang driver\passenger seat plus others.

Registered
Are you still looking? I have a 3-piece Mustang from 2002 VL800 so it should work. Selling the bike and going to put the stock seat back on it. Lots of years and miles on the rider seat but almost none on the passenger seat. Make me an offer! BTW -- I am in Greater Cincinnati area.

Registered
I'll be selling my 2008 C50 this summer and once I get a stock front and rear seat I'll be selling my Mustang. If interested send me a PM as what you are thinking a "reasonable" price would be.

Also for the list, just a heads up that I'll be having some accessories up for sale as I take my bike back to stock as much as I can. OTOH that list includes a OEM front light bar, Kuryakyn flamed floorboards, Kuryakyn rear pegs, Kuryakyn front footrests, left/right chrome side covers and of course the Mustang driver\passenger seat plus others.
I have a 2008 Limited Edition, with studded seats. PM me with price, considering I will throw-in my stock seats into the bag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts