Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How r u guys!!! I'm new to this site as well as to my bike. Boulevard m50 2013. Bought mu bike a month ago already having a plan to customize it a little bit. Wanted to start with exhaust and baaam, cannot get anything that fits the bike! First of all, oxygen sensors, u guy have any idea or a plan how to bypass/get rid off it? Second, which pipes would recommend for nyc? Besides that FI module and air filter recomendation? Help out pls, there's not so many sites that have updated their compatibility list so I can only base my decisions on other m50 owners

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
As far as mounting I don't know if there are any issues.

As for the bung it shouldn't be too bad to get a bung welded on. 35 bucks. 20 if you find the right welder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thank you for ur fast help. One more question: if I change the exhaust do i definetly have to change air filter and add fuel injection module? If yes, is there any u can suggest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
merged

Hello, has anyone try to put aftermarket pipes like cobra, v&h or rush on m50 2013 or 14???? Any suggestions on which one fit and what kind of fuel injection module to use with????? Do I need new air filter???? That oxygen sensor is really making everything difficult. One more thing is even if I find the right pipes with the right module and filter, will it make the bike go significantly leaner???? What if I deactivate o2 sensors???? But how do I do it??? There seems to be a lot of information on m50 from years 2005-09, not so much when it comes to newer models, why is that??? Pls help, there's nowhere to get that info from except other fellow riders

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pipes

I recently installed a set of Vance and Hines Twin Slash Staggered's on my 2009 c50. I bought them on e-bay for $383. I'm pretty sure they will fit your 2013 (should call V&H first) and they come with o2 sensor bungs. They look and sound fantastic. I would probably not be brave enough to disable the o2 sensors, but that's just me. I did not change out the filter or install a fuel commander, just the pipes. I've noticed some very minor popping but from what I've read that is normal and probably was happening with the stock pipes but I just didn't hear it. If it becomes annoying I'll look at different options for fixing it. I think the reason you're not seeing much out there is because most manufacturers don't verify the fitment of their products with new models very quickly. I ran into the same problem with cy 2009 when I bought it in 2010 and I'm just now starting to see product descriptions that include 2009. Suzuki has not made any real changes to the design of the Boulevard in a while (why mess with perfection, right), which is why I think the pipes will fit. Your problem is finding some that have bungs for the o2 sensors. I've also seen Cobra's on e-bay that have them.Good luck with everything and enjoy the new bike!!

·
Registered
23,553 Posts
Exhaust only, I don't think so. Any change to air intake, yes..Many here recommend the Gman processor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome kapciorek, and congrats on your '13 M50. I'm in the same boat as you, just got my '13 M50 about a month ago.

For pipes, from my research, anything that will fit the 2009+ models should fit on our '13s as far as I can tell. Suzuki really hasn't changed the bike up very much over the last 5 or so years. I just installed the full Blue Collar Bobbers kit on mine, which was designed for much older M50's yet everything lined up perfectly, same bolt sizes/threads and everything. I'm looking at the V&H Twin Slash Staggered pipes in black for mine, louder (not crazy loud), but deeper and more open than stock, might be something to consider. You will not need to change anything else if you only swap the pipes, you will need to add a processor if you change the air intake though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello I just ordered a set of Vance and Hines twin slash staggered pipes for my 2013 C50T they come with the 02 sensors bungs fitted on the pipes and I am going to refit 02 sensors to my bike.

As for a new processor I not going to worry about at this time, I talked to a bike tech who runs a dyno and he showed my a dyno graf sheet he ran on a 2013 M50 that just had Cobra pipes fitted and no mods to the air box and the fuel mixture was nearly the same as the bike fitted with standard pipes, so yes change the air box and you will need a new fuel processer but just pipes alone and it will be all right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm back. Just installed vh slash staggered on my m50 2013. No problems with them fitting the bike. However, after 20 miles FI light came on. I couldn't do it myself so I had a licensed (suzuki delaership) mechanic do it. After initial test ride he told me about the light and that most likely o2 sensor was broken so he ordered new one. Has anyone had similar experience with that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My real question is if the dealer broke the sensor when replacing the pipes or the computer went craz with new pipes installed. And if I can even ride the bike while having the light on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. i dont know if this helps but I have a 13 c50. My bike has no o2 sensors. Rush makes a beautiful set of pipes for this bike and year. I also found a fi box that should work really well. Its called an EJK i believe. Dobeck makes it. they have their crap together regarding these boxes. lastly Baron makes a sweet air kit for this bike. i am getting all 3. Peace!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank u all for input on my previous questions. Just to follow up my last post; dealer changed o2 sensor and there's no more issues with FI light so it really was a damaged o2 sensor. Otherwise everything runs perfectly. Will record the sound and post it soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, I've installed the V&H twin slash staggered on my 2013 M50. No problem with the O2 sensor. However i noticed a loss of power. From all the info i've been reading is that it was due to reduced back pressure. Would adding a fuel/power commander help with this issue?

·
Super Moderator
33,549 Posts
Hi guys, I've installed the V&H twin slash staggered on my 2013 M50. No problem with the O2 sensor. However i noticed a loss of power. From all the info i've been reading is that it was due to reduced back pressure. Would adding a fuel/power commander help with this issue?
Absolutely! However, you might get better response if you start your own thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.