Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice. I have an 05 Volusia VL800, which is Fuel Injected, and wanted to do a custom dual exhaust on my bike. When I took the stock pipes off I realized that there are Catalytic Converters in the mufflers. My question is, "Do I need a Power Commander or ECU Tuner in order to put any other exhaust on?" and if I don't go with a custom job, what brand should I go with to be a a bit louder with a mellow tone. A co-worker of mine has an 02 (Carburated) with Cobra pipes on it and I'm sorry to say it sounded like garbage. I want the bike to have a deep loud tone. Please Help or PM me. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, It is actually not a catalytic converter, but a 3rd muffler. Per a suzuki tech that I talked to, the black box is only there to quiet the exhaust. Check on youtube to watch videos of different exhaust systems to find a sound you like. I plan on getting a Hard Krome sideburner exhaust for mine with a cobra FI2000 ecu to work perfectly. Till then, I drilled holes in my BlackBox to get the sound I wanted (deep & loud). So for now I am very happy.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum. lots of info here. like you do not have a Volusia. You have a C-50. Same bike as the 01-04 Volusia. Name changed in 05 when the fuel injected it. Happy hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.