1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
** Weather Update **
51 degrees and 70% chance of rain
Winds 20-25 with gusts up to 40 !

The weather has turned ugly, we will still do the winery tour on Friday night and a bridge/wine tour on Saturday (it looks like it will be in the car) if anyone is interested in caging it.

idgeRide
SATURDAY OCTOBER 18, KSU at 10:00 am sharp!!!!

STARTING POINT

Hardee's
65 S Chestnut St
Jefferson, OH 44047

This ride has a possibility visiting 18 Covered Bridges in NE Ohio. Some of these bridges are on gravel roads. The route changes every year based on the number of bikes and the conditions of the roads. OF COURSE because it is in October it is VERY weather dependent. Keep an eye on this post for any changes, temperature is not an issue but, rain kind of ruins this ride just ask Philjet and Amy.

I have provided a link to a page listing the bridges and location, plus a map at the bottom of the page. This is NOT a map of the route we will be taking, it is just to give you a idea of where you will be. I will run the route the day before and make the final route then.

Pictures of Bridges

Official Visitors Map

Possible Ride Attendees

SteveG & Meg
Philjet & Amy
Mr E & Madeline
Coffeman & Monica
Newgramps & Kim
Niacin & Pebbles

Friday Wine Tour

SteveG & Meg
Philjet & Amy

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I'm intersted, just about any Saturday in October will be goo with me.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Amy and I were wondering if this was going to happen this year. Unfortunately, I'm gone the next two weekends and have a wedding on the 4th, then a ride planned on the 11th. The Sundays of the 5th and 12th are possibilities, but definitely don't base this ride on my 'druthers.

Hope you had a great hike out west, we followed the spot for a day, then couldn't see it.

·
Administrator
29,813 Posts
Anyone interested, this year's ride is Saturday Oct 18th.
Will meet at Hardees in Jefferson,Oh. 9am

i would like to participate, but may alter my participation so Madeline can come with in the Ural. If we can travel some secondary roads on the ride, Thats how I would like to approach things.

·
Registered
21,178 Posts
I'm in. I'll see what the Grouch wants to do.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'd like to do a ride like that as well. Sundays are usually better than Saturdays for me & Mrs. Imagineer. Any idea on a route?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd like to do a ride like that as well. Sundays are usually better than Saturdays for me & Mrs. Imagineer. Any idea on a route?
The route is based on the road conditions. I check the road conditions the week before and then pick best route

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would like to participate, but may alter my participation so Madeline can come with in the Ural. If we can travel some secondary roads on the ride, Thats how I would like to approach things.

I will make sure the route is all secondary so your daughter can come.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Any chance of a Friday night wine tour?

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Hey, that's a good idea!

·
Registered
21,178 Posts
Dave! You know we will! It is tradition!!! And we all take turns fracturing our ankles in your honour!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Mike,

What is a good hotel location for a Friday evening wine tour?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Dave! You know we will! It is tradition!!! And we all take turns fracturing our ankles in your honour!
Oh - so sorry I won't be able to attend this festive and traditional gathering. I already have other plans for that day. Be sure it's the right ankle so you can still run through the gears. (Rear brakes are optional anyway.)

Dave

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Cool, i might have enough points for a free HIP room.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.