Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
under the right plastic guard of my 2006 c50 there's a round shaped bracket above the back pipe. It's the same kinda bracket that holds my bottle jack in my car. My bike is a second hand project. Am I missing a part, what does this bracket hold? The only thing on the internet I can find says something about a Evap system. Any answers would be a great help. First time poster praying for some answers.
Cheers
I'd add a photo but don't know how

·
Super Moderator
25,290 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

The evap system is "evaporative emissions", and it is a thing in California. Unless you live in California, you're fine. It's where that system would have been mounted, had your bike been sold in CA.

·
Registered
19,530 Posts
It is part of the California Compliant Emissions System. If you had one, it would be a charcoal canister which captures and filters fuel vapors, instead of releasing them to the atmosphere. Most people use the extra space as storage, or to mount a secondary fuse panel for accessories.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks guys, I'm an Aussie so I'm sorted. Should be on the road very soon then. Appreciate the quick response

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm hoping to find a mini-keg that fits there.

·
Administrator
52,365 Posts