Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing my Volusia driven away by its new owner, I started looking for a new project. Came across a good deal on a 2006 M50 with only 6K miles so decided to build a bobber. Here are some pictures of the build - Nothing too crazy but I'm really happy with the results.

The Donor bike
[

Can't wait to get out on the road and try it out. Was pouring rain the day I brought it home so never had a chance for a decent ride. It runs great though and the pipes sure sound nice!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where did you get the seat and rear fender?

Seriously thinking about doing this to mine when I am done with my trip.

I might just fabricate everything myself though.

Are those stock wheels? I like them better than the spokes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear fender is from Blue Collar Bobbers. Seat mount, turn signals and tail lamp from Gary at Black Ops Bobbers. The seat is a LaRosa from Demon's, got the mirrors there too. Pipes are Vance & Hines Straightshots, titanium pipe wrap from EBay. The wheels are stock. I'm still looking for grips and pegs, not sure what I want yet.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey BC have you thought of changing those mirrors to the ones you mount on the end of your grips and they drop down? I think they would add more to the bobber look. Jmo :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
The rear fender is from Blue Collar Bobbers. Seat mount, turn signals and tail lamp from Gary at Black Ops Bobbers. The seat is a LaRosa from Demon's, got the mirrors there too. Pipes are Vance & Hines Straightshots, titanium pipe wrap from EBay. The wheels are stock. I'm still looking for grips and pegs, not sure what I want yet.

So everything was bolt on? No fab work?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Before I bought this cruiser I never thought about turning it into a bobber.

After seeing what some of you guys have done I have no doubt mine will be a bobber this summer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments. Will think about the mirrors and painting the fender but have used up my budget for now.
To answer some questions, there was no fabrication work involved, all the parts were direct bolt ons. Good thing cause I'm a good mechanic but not a great fabricator!
The licence plate mounts to the left of the rear wheel below the tail lamp.
There was no cutting for the seat mount.

Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes im liking these m50 bikes for a bobber. I started one last month and picked the same taillight. Yours is looking good.
Yes, that rear fender on the older M50s is just begging to be mod'ed or replaced, IMO. Once you do something with that, the rest of the bike - softtail suspension, fat tank and front tire - is a natural bobber.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts