Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OK. Bike is now finished to the legal riding point. The rest can be done through the season.

Seat bracket installed and painted.
License bracket installed and painted.
Brake light/tailight wired. Just need the proper clips to mount the front fender to the rear and figure out a way to build a small hip fender for the front.

First pic with lights is the tail light at 9v
Second pic is brake lights at 12v
It's hard to see in the pic but they are super bright

And of course, we get 6" of snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Nice, I like the classic look with the lowered fenders but I also like the bad boy no fender look.

Haven't decided on how to mount the fenders yet. I might make a small hip fender out of a trailer blank and just fab up some super simple struts.

I'll post when it's done. How's your bike coming along ghost?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice, I like the classic look with the lowered fenders but I also like the bad boy no fender look.

Haven't decided on how to mount the fenders yet. I might make a small hip fender out of a trailer blank and just fab up some super simple struts.

I'll post when it's done. How's your bike coming along ghost?

Its coming along nicely, problem is im both College and working full time so im limited to my days off from both(few and far between) to do anything major still have quite a ways going to use some vacation time from work when summer comes to bang out all the hard stuff I.E.
Clutch
Forks
Engine Painting
Carb Jetting

But im trying to keep on with something daily, as for your rear fender mounting Upperkuts thread had a nifty suggestion for a method of mounting if you want to go that route but im still working, planning patiently

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Upperkuts did a great mod. I bought the conduit clips to use his method just haven't initiated it yet. I'm looking to buy another fender before I cut mine.

The planning is half the fun, enjoy!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, it's been a while and a full circle! Here she is, rear fender back on but cut down, custom plate bracket on with integrated led lights. Bags on, front fender on and cut. 3.5" John's kits forward extensions, 10" apes, Corbin custom seat and full quick release Memphis shades batwing! Went with the 5" spoiler windshield. Love it. From full Bobber backpack wearing ripper to a long haul sit back with a coffee ride all day! All in one versatile 2005 bully c50!

Attachments

·
Registered
19,712 Posts
Outstanding job. I thought you gave up and faded away. It takes awhile but you hung in there. Now you have your masterpiece.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yinz guys and your bobbers. Going without a front fender is all fun and games until the first time you get caught riding in the rain.....
Hey guys, been a while... it's winter again and therefore time for a switch from bags and batwing back to bobber.

I had to reply to this quote, when i was front fenderless..... I got caught once and it kicked my ass!!!! couldn't see **** and was eating rain for weeks.

small front fender.. do yourself a favour!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts