Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After following all these awesome mods and brilliant ideas I've decided it's my turn. So last night I started the teardown.

Front fender removed, to be cut off installed on the rear.

Rear fender, fender struts, and electrical removed.
I made a cardboard template for a stock seat support bracket and took it to the shop for fab. Once that's done it's time for the custom license plate bracket and brake light plan.

I'll post pics as I go but for the most part I'm following the inspiration of many on this site.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like the idea of the springer solo seat but I'm not sure for the long rides. Any input would be appreciated. I might make my own seat pan and use a dense poly topped with a memory foam then wrapped in leather. Go for the custom fit.

·
Super Moderator
25,708 Posts
Awesome! I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of bobbers, but it's fun to watch the builds happen. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the idea of the springer solo seat but I'm not sure for the long rides. Any input would be appreciated. I might make my own seat pan and use a dense poly topped with a memory foam then wrapped in leather. Go for the custom fit.
I just finished my bobber last weekend and I went only on a couple of short rides (50 to 60 miles) so far. My seat is from blue collar bobbers and it really feel great. I don't think I would have any issues on longer rides.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,610 Posts
Yinz guys and your bobbers. Going without a front fender is all fun and games until the first time you get caught riding in the rain.....

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just finished my bobber last weekend and I went only on a couple of short rides (50 to 60 miles) so far. My seat is from blue collar bobbers and it really feel great. I don't think I would have any issues on longer rides.
Thanks for the response. I love the springer look. Great job on yours. She looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yinz guys and your bobbers. Going without a front fender is all fun and games until the first time you get caught riding in the rain.....
I've been told this a few times. I've experienced rain without a front fender on Harleys and, yes some water gets up but I don't see the C50 being a big issue as the rad is there, the tank is fat, and there is a plastic cover at the bottom of the lower triple tree. See pic.

Has anyone experienced rain without a front fender on a c50?

Attachments

·
Registered
19,610 Posts
Yes. It isn't pleasant.

Reactions: nathan and 10-64

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
After following all these awesome mods and brilliant ideas I've decided it's my turn. So last night I started the teardown.
That's not a job I would have started March 29th.....................That's a "winter project", not something to start so close to riding season

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx for the front fender input. I kept my support bracket and will fab something of a hip fender for the front.

I had snip snip surgery yesterday so tearing my bike down is a good way to stay off it for at least a week. I'll have it back together and road ready by then. Unfortunately I store my bike in the winter and don't have access for winter work on it.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK seat support bracket is in.

Tomorrow will be custom license plate bracket with brake/tail light. Then I will modify the front fender to work for both the rear hip and front hip fender.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. I'm licensed mechanic and licensed machinist. I used to build bikes for Kreater Customs up here in Ontario.

It's been a while since I've got my hands dirty and I miss it! Ya I'll just paint the support bracket black to hide it. Probably won't paint the whole bike, not this season anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks. I'm licensed mechanic and licensed machinist. I used to build bikes for Kreater Customs up here in Ontario.

It's been a while since I've got my hands dirty and I miss it! Ya I'll just paint the support bracket black to hide it. Probably won't paint the whole bike, not this season anyway.

nice, and thats good about the bracket was asking about the bike though speaking of Canada I need to reactivate my citizenship there lol, wanna visit one day but hey a mechanic and machinist are two damned good skills to have when working on a bike

me I'm just qualified as a butcher

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice, and thats good about the bracket was asking about the bike though speaking of Canada I need to reactivate my citizenship there lol, wanna visit one day but hey a mechanic and machinist are two damned good skills to have when working on a bike

me I'm just qualified as a butcher
You don't need citizenship, just tell the custom guard you're up for a pint and a hockey game. They'll wave you right by.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bracket is finished for the plate and light. I picked up a plate frame and led strip. The frame has a white led installed in it and I made up a wire loop with a resistor to act as the brake light as well as the taillight. This is the secret to make a single "filament" led strip into a dual purpose light. I'm currently adhering the strip to the frame. And the bracket needs paint. I'll post pics when it's together.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts