241 - 260 of 308 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,144 Posts
I'll keep praying for Jeff. Unfortunately, it's really all I can do. 🙏💜

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
It wouldn't be my first course of treatment, but at this point, what do they have to lose? Sadly, the odds of him fully recovering at this point are against him, so why not try anything that could possibly help?

·
Administrator
6,128 Posts
I see in a report on Julie Smith's lawsuit, the statement: "The hospital also said it will be taking him off the ventilator soon." Do you suppose that is good news, or not?

·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
I see in a report on Julie Smith's lawsuit, the statement: "The hospital also said it will be taking him off the ventilator soon." Do you suppose that is good news, or not?
I would say that is not good news.

Prayers he gets moved and gets any and all treatment available.....got nothing to lose at this point.

Prayers sent 🙏

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
I, too, hope he will be transferred to another hospital. That's probably in his and Julie's best interests at this point.

Still praying, hard.

Reactions: BearBait

·
Super Moderator
30,144 Posts
I'm praying just as hard as I can for him and his family. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
wonder what the chances are she would be able to dind a hospital willing to do what she requests...while I can understand the concern that at this point, can doing what she wants them to do really be any worse than whats presently being done where he currently is...and I'm not putting any blame on the decision made by the hospital to stand firm on their decison in how they are treating him, regardless of whteher or not his condition is improving...at this point, time I guess I would start looking for a new hospital.

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Prayers

·
Super Moderator
30,144 Posts
I don't think the new sad emoji conveys enough feeling for this. 😢

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. Prayers still up for Jeff and his family. I can tell you from recent experience. Hospitals have changed. They run the show, and you have very few rights in their system. They can remove you and/or the patient, any time they want to.

·
Super Moderator
30,144 Posts
I put the 😢 there because she did so it's basically just quoting her and I noticed that they were different
I was taking about the sad option on the "like". It's just a frowny face and doesn't feel sad enough for that one.

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
praying for the whole family that things will turn.... I think in the long run it will be difficult, not impossible tho, finding a hospital thats going to allow you to dictate to them how they should be treating the patient when the md staff disagrees with your thoughts/feelings... lets just use the insurance/liability card on this one... hopefully she is able to locate a facility that will agree w/her once he's in a better condition to be moved to a different place.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
What a terrible, painful mess.

Oh, my heart hurts for Julie, and for her and Jeff's kids. 😢

241 - 260 of 308 Posts