Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Sooper Dee Dooper Moderator
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got tested today. Positive. I assume it's not a false positive. I have a thumping headache, an on again, off again low fever and the worse part is the painful and annoying cough. I guess I'm about 3 days into it. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse than this.

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
sorry to read this...hope things turn for the better soon...take care guy,,,will pray for you.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this, buddy.

I guess if there is an upside, it's that these days, the medical pros know a lot more about helping you get better faster.

Does your doctor know your condition?

·
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm self- treating at home for now. No i didn't get the lab and I still wouldn't. At least I'll be good to go after i get thru this. If i get thru it I should say. The coughing is brutal, otherwise, it would be no big deal

·
Administrator
55,495 Posts
Been there, done this, way back during late March-early April 2020.
Keep the Blackberry Brandy bottle very close, eat hot soups, and drink hot tea.
Prayers for You, Bro!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'm self- treating at home for now. No i didn't get the lab and I still wouldn't. At least I'll be good to go after i get thru this. If i get thru it I should say. The coughing is brutal, otherwise, it would be no big deal
Oh no, now they say you can get it again even if you've had it, of course they also say you can get it after the jab, but it won't be as bad...

·
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Feels like I got hit by a truck. Coughing had been a little better today. I have officially lost my smell and taste. I'm guessing I'm about half way thru it based on when I started feeling ill. My wife and oldest daughter now have it. I think my son may or already getting over it. My youngest was down for maybe 2 days and she's back to her normal self. It's really difficult when both parents are down, neither one gets the needed rest.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hope you feel better soon. No one in my immediate family has gotten it yet. Unfortunately, this stuff ain't over yet.

Get better, man!

Reactions: Jeffrobombero

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Wishing you and your family all the best to recover. Nothing is perfect and neither is the vaccine. My age and that I've been working all this time, chose to get vaccinated. A flip of the coin for me to be seriously ill or death should I get infected even without any pre-existing health issues. No significant effects from the first dose of the Astra vaccine and not even a sore arm from the Pfizer second dose I got. I have a lot more peace of mind having gotten vaccinated.

·
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rough day today. Coughing bad. My temp spiked to 104.7. i try to let it run, but I gave in and took some ibuprofen. That worked wonders but this cough is horrid....

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
Rough day today. Coughing bad. My temp spiked to 104.7. i try to let it run, but I gave in and took some ibuprofen. That worked wonders but this cough is horrid....
Please consider consulting your doctor. Telemedicine visits are easy to make these days; you don't even have to leave home.

A physician can give you advice about how to manage your symptoms. Letting this "run its course" and taking nothing to ease your symptoms is NOT a good idea. You're gonna wear yourself down & wind up in the hospital.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts