Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I left the US to visit my mother in the Azores. But that's not the whole story. I had meet a young man on the Motorcyle Journal forum. Talking to this him I found out that he lived there and he had a M50. I asked him to rent me one but he said that they didn't rent any but he would I could use his.

He was about 25 and married to a very fine looking women with a young baby. Both proffesional. I had some goodies that I had laying around and a cute get up for the little one.

One day I meet him for lunch and we talked for about an hour. (Nice to speak to some one in English for a while, since my Portuguese is not that great). The next day I picked up his bike.

And head home since it was about 8:30 and starting to get dark. Put the bike in the garage and waited for a good day to ride.

The whole Island is one big twisty. I mean left, right, up, down and some 360 turns going down 11 degree grades.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is some more pictures.

And of course can't forget the cows sun bathing

I rode threw some moutain path ofa height of 6000 feet. A little cold even at mid day.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Quite a travelouge there...

Flown into the Azores going to Europe a few times, never knew it was like that however.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to say that one day I went shopping and stopped at Suzuki dealer.

C800 same as C50 plain
Price 7800 euro's = 12324 dollars

And ready for this GAS prices $7.21 a gallon.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Very cool pics. That is one very gererous young man.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With all the twisties out there and steep hills plus riding threw the villages where when 2 cars meet one has to stop and then on the highway you come across one of these when you least expect it.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JimKo said:
:shock:

...and we're whining :wink:
Whining is nothing. One day while I was waiting for my mother I stopped a Mazda dealer.

You sitting down.

2008 Mazda MPV
price 29,500
delevering charge 600
Tire recycle 5
sales tax 12,500
One time Road use tax 16500

Total 59,105 That's in Euros

in dollars that is $93,385

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Misunderstood said:
What, no pics of the fine looking wife. :twisted:
There women are seen and not heard and don't join in there husbands business.

Sorry Mistunderstood.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Incredible pictures. Quite a different mentality over there isn't it?

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Hey Carlos, bom dia and welcome back!! Looks like you had a great ol' time over there!! At those car prices, I bet you saw a few "Smart" two-seaters and "SEATs" there LOL

Welcome home!

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did see a numbers of smart cars and another manufacture of them with a deisel 800cc engine. Yes I don't want to hear NO whining about this country on this site for a while. Because we don't know how great we have it.

But it was great to ride there a lot of curves (ALOT) the whole Island is a curve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts