Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my '05 C50 up for sale for about six weeks now and I have just sold it. I have had more inquiries and lookers in the last week as I had in the previous five weeks combined. Springtime will do that, I guess.

I made a huge mistake last fall and rented a Goldwing for three days. :lol: Oh man, that was some fantastic ride and I haven't been able to get that experience out of my blood. My plan is to get a used GL1800 GoldWing, so I am now searching for my DreamWing.

I want to thank the members of this community for helping me get many questions answered and providing ideas for maximizing my motorcycling experience. While I haven't posted very many times in the last year since learning about this site, I have browsed the threads and gleaned from all of the experience available here.

Thank you for your assistance.

Doug

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hey, whatever you end up riding, we'll still be here to shoot the breeze!! Good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
...you going somewhere? You're welcome to stick around.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Just make sure that whatever GoldWing you get has the "Wave" button. :lol: Expresso makers didn't come standard til 06, I don't think.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
TNrookie said:
Just make sure that whatever GoldWing you get has the "Wave" button. :lol: Expresso makers didn't come standard til 06, I don't think.
LOL

Hope you locate a great deal on a GW Doug,
Ride out this way if you get the chance.

jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
dough said:
I made a huge mistake last fall and rented a Goldwing for three days. :lol: Oh man, that was some fantastic ride and I haven't been able to get that experience out of my blood. My plan is to get a used GL1800 GoldWing, so I am now searching for my DreamWing.
Be sure to check out the classified / for sale section over at

www.gl1800riders.com

Sumptin weird goin' on with their DNS right now - since when I tried it - I ended up at their VTX Forum ;-)

If you are looking for a used, '05s and newer have not had any frame recall issues, unlike the previous model years.

I do have to say one thing, in my opinion, that forum is definitely NOT as friendly as this one...

Jim

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. I do however miss the C-50 and can't wait to get it running again. It's more fun in the twisty's. You don't have to leave here though.

I second the gl1800 board not near as friendly as here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, guys. I won't abondon this site altogether. I'll still check in occasionally. Lots of good folks here and a lot of knowledge that goes far beyond the Volusia/C50.

Jimko, one of our dream trips is to CA to ride the PCH, but that's probably next year.

Biff, you are right about the GL1800riders site. There are a couple of caustic personalities on that board who are quite devisive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts