Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Here in central Indiana the weather is just plain crappy, in a two weeks I’ll probably put the scoots to bed for the winter. But when the spring rolls around and I take the C50 Boulevard to Suzuki for its preseason check up should I start to think about the wheel barrings, steering barrings, and shocks? So far the scoot is running great no problems but at 33,000 miles I’m thinking the barrings and shocks may be getting a little long in the tooth, and maybe it would be prudent to have them checked out at the shop this spring.
I don’t know if you can tell anything by this, but when I sit on the scoot and turn the Handel bars I can’t feel any play at all, there’s no play before the front wheel starts to move. That’s probably not very scientific:). Any way any opinions on this will be greatly appriciated.
Paul

·
Super Moderator
23,847 Posts
Personally, I just follow the manufacturer's maintenance schedule for a vehicle and replace things when they show signs of wear and tear. I think any response you get on here is just going to be an opinion that is worth exactly what you've paid for it. No internet forum is ever going to replace a physical inspection by an actual mechanic.

Why don't you look around and find a shop in your area that you trust and take the bike there for a service/inspection? You can have that done once every season or two. I found a shop that will do an oil change and a pre-season inspection for me for $75. As a once a year expense, that's not too bad, and it has the bonus of putting me in their shop once a year so I become a regular customer, so when I have a serious issue later in the life of the bike they know the bike and they know me by then.

Like I said before though, this is just my opinion and is worth every penny you have paid me for it.

·
Super Moderator
56,270 Posts
Trade it in while it's still worth something. The bike isn't that expensive but by the time you figure parts and labor.....besides, you know you like that other color better now.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
My 2007 C50 Boulevard rolled over 100,000 miles a couple of weeks ago...original shocks and all bearings...still rolls along, rollin rollin rollin, keep those doggies rollin....

·
Super Moderator
4,287 Posts
Congrats, just broken in!!! Ride safe another 33k!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts