Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Is all I can say!!! I loved and still do love my C50, but those who say that HDs don't ride better or are in the same class as a C50, I can't understand at this point. I must say that this bike just rides so much more smoothly and is better balanced and better handling than the C50.

Hear me, now, I am not knockng the C50. I love it and I don't think a prettier bike exists. It is a great bike for the money, but I will say that the Street Bob I just drove home rides better. Yes, it cost more. I won't argue that, but there is a difference for the money. Whether or not there is enough of a difference for the amount of money is for each to determine on their own.

Here is my impression so far. This bike rides smooth as butter. It doesn't rattle or shake any more than the Suzuki while under way. It may shake a small bit more at idle, but barely more. I know some do, so maybe this is unique to the Dyna style '06, I don't know, but I expected it to shake much more than it does.

This bike is so balanced I can flippin' believe it and it handles like a much lighter bike than it is. I love this bike, but do miss the heel toe shifter...

The riding position is much different, not worse or better, but different. I sit more upright on this bike than the C50.

Anyway, for me, this was a great acquisition...

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Congrats on the new bike FBC!

Now, where's the pics?! :wink:

·
Registered
634 Posts
hmm i guess it would depend on the HD, ive ridden a 1200 sporty (hated it) and a heritage classic was a nice ride but seem to sit taller.... Though the street bob does seem like it would be right up my ally.. U might wanna look at v&h shorty pipes in flat black for that bad boy :twisted:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
ya where's the pics!

·
Registered
920 Posts
bmac said:
hmm i guess it would depend on the HD, ive ridden a 1200 sporty (hated it) and a heritage classic was a nice ride but seem to sit taller.... Though the street bob does seem like it would be right up my ally.. U might wanna look at v&h shorty pipes in flat black for that bad boy :twisted:
I agreed you need a new pipe for that bad boy , I put a slip on for my 07 FXD , stock pipe is too quiet for me :wink:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Congrats FBC!!!

Glad you like your new ride.

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Oh my goodness, the dark side has totally taken her! :shock:

Congratulations on your new ride. And you know what? If that bike makes you that happy then I don't care what it is, you just keep riding! :D

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Polovision said:
Oh my goodness, the dark side has totally taken her! :shock:

Congratulations on your new ride. And you know what? If that bike makes you that happy then I don't care what it is, you just keep riding! :D
hey now she can get cookies from scrdvr! :lol: :wink:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
So let me start off with I have been asent frm the board lately... When did you get a HD?????

so I read the title of your thread..... remembering you are a newlywed... your thread is titled " My new ride is Awesome".. first thing I thought of was WOW she is posting that here!?!?! :) LOL

love ya Teena

·
Administrator
16,415 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!! You always wanted a HD and I'm happy it meets / exceeds your expectations thats awesome.

But.........

This thread is useless without Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

I've taken a few HD for test drives and like you said they handle like a much lighter bike.... I took out the Deluxe, and the Heritage for a drive, and even though they are both much heaver than the Volusia, They handled like it..... (flipping it around in turns) .....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh now you got my juices rolling for the Heritage again.....

G-d where is the money for my Crimson Red Sunglo Heritage Softail??????

Sorry, I'll stop whining now......... :roll: :(

FBC WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF YOU ON YOUR RIDE?????????

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bmac said:
I would have to agree with you because I have seen some HD's that seem to vibrate much more than my Street Bob, which is why I said the Dyna platform. Of course, it could also be a matter of improvements being made over time too.

Since I just brought the bike home last night and it was dark by the time I got home... No pics... YET!

Julie, I bought the bike about a month ago, but just picked it up yesterday. I got a 2006 Street Bob with 1744 miles on it. I got it for a good piece under retail at a metric dealer. They got it at auction. It was a repo. Metric dealers can't charge premium for HDs because people who are at a metric dealer aren't set on an HD so the price has to be competitive.

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
Well,congrats on the new ride. Very awesome! Hope you get some pics up soon and show it off a bit.
You know what is funny about those stock pipes? You can't tell difference between them and a Honda from a distance when you can't see the bike either. :lol: Serious.

·
Registered
381 Posts
congrats

FBC
Congrates On You New Street Bob They Are A Nice Bike I Ride My Buddys Dyna Custom All The time .. But Last May I Sold my 2005 1200 Sporty It Just sat In The shed ,I Wish I got the dyna .

1 - 20 of 139 Posts