I put 23 string leds on the bike 3 years ago...built in resistor 12 volt blue lights from ebay and they worked great...until I started having battery issues. Never had a problem before, but I replaced the cheap Pep Boys battery with a gel one a couple weeks back and three days later the damn thing wouldn't start, so I cut the power and ground wires to the leds, charged the battery up, and two weeks have gone by and the battery starts her up good as new. The lights are getting old and a couple of the wires under the fender were a little worn, but wouldn't the switch keep the wires from draining the battery? I'm thinking I may pull all the lights and re-do them at some point but wrap them in electrical tape to make them more weather-proof next time. I have a positive and a negative wire through a switch and I've tapped into the main wires with the piggyback connectors to the individual led strings.