Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just got back from a 700 mile RT to Temecula.
I took Abby down for her first ever breeding.
I wanted to go by bike, but it's just too hot.
So we rented a mid sized whatever car, and got upgraded to a brand new Caddy.
In retrospect, it was a grand choice!

If the God's wish it so, we will soon be the proud parents of some top notch pedigree Jack Russells.
The Black and white is the stud.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
23,799 Posts
Jack Russells are great dogs as long as you're got the space and patience for their energy. She is pretty too.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
JK's are the smartest dogs . We had a mix, that my husband said was smarter than most sailors he worked with :D (he wasn't exaggerating )

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Fingers crossed that the breeding took and look forward to puppy pictures. (FYI: We are going to be out in AZ Aug. 10 thru 24. Probably should try to connect)

·
Registered
575 Posts
wow I thought Abby was your wife and why drive to Temecula? but then remembered where you live and there isn't any neighbors to help you , I digress Abby is a dog got ya :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jack Russells are great dogs as long as you're got the space and patience for their energy. She is pretty too.
Thank you.
We've got the space.
And yes they have energy, but the temperment of these dogs are like most breeds in that a lot of it is a reflection of their owners.
But a Jack isn't a dog that can be just left alone in a backyard all day.
They do require a fair amount of exercise and lots of affection.
I've had four over the years, and they've never been the super hyper balls of frenzy that some people seem to have.

JK's are the smartest dogs . We had a mix, that my husband said was smarter than most sailors he worked with :D (he wasn't exaggerating )
They are smart, and it's probably a good thing they don't have thumbs, otherwise they'd sneak off with our cars, pick locks, and who knows what else.

Fingers crossed that the breeding took and look forward to puppy pictures. (FYI: We are going to be out in AZ Aug. 10 thru 24. Probably should try to connect)
Then we should make it so.

wow I thought Abby was your wife and why drive to Temecula? but then remembered where you live and there isn't any neighbors to help you , I digress Abby is a dog got ya :biglaugh:
Abby came from a breeder in Temecula, and all her dogs are great examples of Jacks, so it was a no brainer when it came looking for a stud.
We originally got Mr Gibbs for the job, but due to the way my wife let him ride on her trail bike, he may have sustained some damage, and his nuts didn't drop.

The plan is if we come up with a pup that is desirable to our breeder, we might trade it for another male from her of our liking.
We also plan on keeping one female from the litter, so that will put us back in the Jack Russell business again.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Meet Bull.
He's the first one with eyes open out of the five. (1 female, 4 males)
The wife calls him Bull because he's the biggest.

This is Bella.
I think she looks like a guinea pig.:grin2:

More to come soon!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bull and Bella, will the next be Quincy???? That gives you B.B.Q... HMMMM?
Creative thinking there.
There was no prethought involved.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those are some cute little puppies you've got there.
My breeder asked if I was keeping them nice and warm.
I told her hell no, I have them on ice because I don't want them to grow up so fast.

I can't wait to play with 'em.

Still waiting for the headlights to turn on for the other three.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 69 Posts