Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my set-up: Tornado intake, V&H Straightshots, Powercommander III usb, Thunder baffels.

Here's my story: Last spring I forked out the $250.00 to have my bike dyno'ed and "Custom" map made for peak preformance. While the low end was great after the dyno the top end seemed to have dropped out (no power after 85mph). I called my dyno tech and told him about it and my theory that I believed that the reason for the top end poor preformance is due to while having it dyno'ed that there was no increase air flow through the filter (what u would see if your running on the interstate). He told me that he believed that thats all that bike would be cappable of running due to its small displacement. I told him bull**it that while in "stock" mode that I've ran that to bike up to 107 mph. Seeing that I was getting know-where I gave up on him and told him where 2 shove that 250 i gave him. This past weekend I went on "Dyno-Jet's" web site and low and behold that have a map for my set-up. With exception to the baffels. I loaded there map and low n behold this bike has been restored. I could'nt believe this thing had come alive so well. My top end is back and I even gained some low end power. Where my dyno map had the same settings for each cylinder there map has different settings for each cylinder. After comparing them I believe that the kid at my local dyno shop needs to go back to school.

My reason for spreading this information: Check the experts first there way more knowledgeable then your dyno tech.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Molinec50 said:
Here's my set-up: Tornado intake, V&H Straightshots, Powercommander III usb, Thunder baffels.

Here's my story: Last spring I forked out the $250.00 to have my bike dyno'ed and "Custom" map made for peak preformance. While the low end was great after the dyno the top end seemed to have dropped out (no power after 85mph). I called my dyno tech and told him about it and my theory that I believed that the reason for the top end poor preformance is due to while having it dyno'ed that there was no increase air flow through the filter (what u would see if your running on the interstate). He told me that he believed that thats all that bike would be cappable of running due to its small displacement. I told him bull**it that while in "stock" mode that I've ran that to bike up to 107 mph. Seeing that I was getting know-where I gave up on him and told him where 2 shove that 250 i gave him. This past weekend I went on "Dyno-Jet's" web site and low and behold that have a map for my set-up. With exception to the baffels. I loaded there map and low n behold this bike has been restored. I could'nt believe this thing had come alive so well. My top end is back and I even gained some low end power. Where my dyno map had the same settings for each cylinder there map has different settings for each cylinder. After comparing them I believe that the kid at my local dyno shop needs to go back to school.

My reason for spreading this information: Check the experts first there way more knowledgeable then your dyno tech.

Glad you got your bike dialed in....I went with the Bully because of the experience you've encountered....Everytime I'd call the folks at PC3 for help,they'd always end by telling me I need to have my bike put on a dyno....You've proven that the dyno is only as good as the person doing the dyno.The PC3 has "alot" of adjustments and so one would hope to hookup with someone that knows how to set our PC3s up! :wink:

Anyway....great news for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts