Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little project got in the way over the last two weeks. An 81 Honda 750-4 that my friend bought off EBay. It needed some remodeling and putting things in "working" order. It was a rough bike when he dropped by with it the first day. Then we got a sorta plan together and this is what I came up with. His color choice for now. All it needed was to be ready for this weekend. It is.

Now I can get back to mine. Both of them actually. I broke the slave cover for the clutch on the Connie the other night bleeding the air out of the clutch. :?

·
Administrator
53,886 Posts
That's one wild looking 750 Honda!

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
That a cool old school lookingbike he's got there Gary. What did he give for it?

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking it was $1200. Or $1500. I forget now. I'm leaning towards $1200 because the guy tried to back out of it when my friend showed up. It was a Carrot Orange with sorta Purple flame type things on it. Not a show piece by any means but a good platform to get it done right.
Next step is finish cleaning up some of the loose ends and get some real paint on it. It's a great start from what it was when he first got it. One loose end is notice the front rotors and calipers. There are none. No front brakes. It's not really sane to be riding it like that. But we do. :roll:

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Tried to back out? :shock: How come? He decide he wanted more money? :roll:

It looks like a decent start but tha lack of front brake would be a bit scary with all the motor between your legs.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Studly said:
Tried to back out? :shock: How come? He decide he wanted more money? :roll:

It looks like a decent start but tha lack of front brake would be a bit scary with all the motor between your legs.
... boy-skippy and how ... I rode one of those (it seems like a billion years ago) and that horse don't play ... lol ... no front brake ... couldn't imagine it ...

... I'll say it again bud ... you do damn-fine work man ... reminds me of an old Amen Chopper (and I love those) ...

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
C'mon guys! Us ol' former flat-track racers had no front wheel brakes, just gears! :lol: O'course,ya gotta remember I'm talking late '50s and early to mid '60s here! 8)

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Your talking like 1850's & 1860's there right Smokey? :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
looks fantastic gary! i'll have to show it to tanker, 'cause i know he'd love it! :D

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
202 Posts
Very very cool!

Looking forward to seeing your main project still.

I as well will FINALLY be starting on one from the ground up. Im searching for a 1200 sportster motor as I type this.

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Studly said:
Kick his young whipper snapper wise Azz Smokey. :lol: :lol: :lol:
looks fantastic gary! i'll have to show it to tanker, 'cause i know he'd love it! Very Happy

cheers!

-mistress k
Yeah, that got Tanker written all over it. Hey, he's got a Honda, doesn't he? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Dude, com'on over. There's plenty more where that came from. Just bring the bike, spend a day or so and ride a different bike home. :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Garym262 said:
Studly said:
Kick his young whipper snapper wise Azz Smokey. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey! Get your butt back out in the garage and start welding on that pretzel bike!

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what I WAS doing but "One who flew over the Coo Coo's nest" is on.
Can't miss that. :D

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is one thing about me. I seldom watch television. I'll never sit through an entire movie. I don't go out to the movies. When I did when I was younger..... I don't remember them. So watching this was like watching it the first time. I really don't think I ever watched it before. I didn't remember ANY of it if I ever saw it before.
I said to my wife "So that's where the saying Nurse Kratchet came from". Now my visits at the hospital have some meaning. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I can't watch TV either. BUT, if the first Godfather movie comes on, or Once Upon a Time in the West, even though I've seen them 50 times before, gotta watch 'em! Same with One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. :lol: :lol:

It must be 20 years since we went to a movie ,or even rented one.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
You two need to get TV's in the garage so you can "multi-task". :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts