Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We're taking the bike to the dealership to have it looked at by the insurance adjuster. My guess is they total her brand new bike.... Damage to the fairing, side plastic, foot peg, side stand, handlebars turn signal and both saddle bags. The steering head is about 5 degrees off center which tells me the neck is bent.

She was on the expressway heading towards Ligoner. At the squirrel Hill tunnel,traffic in the right lane slowed, so she checked her mirrors and moved to the left lane. Evidently the driver behind her did the same at the same time and hit her from behind. In all, she is very lucky given the speed she was traveling and where it happened. Her comment to me before leaving for school this morning was she hopes they pay out quickly so she can get another bike before the end of the season.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Sorry to hear about her accident but sure glad to hear that she's well enough to want to get back on the saddle.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear this, but very glad she's ok.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)

First pics of the damage. This is her helmet. Had she been wearing anything less than a full face, the outcome would have likely been much different....

·
Super Moderator
23,816 Posts
Her comment to me before leaving for school this morning was she hopes they pay out quickly so she can get another bike before the end of the season.
Yup! She's definitely your daughter. :biglaugh:

Glad she's doing well. That helmet definitely saved her life.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Glad to hear that she was OK and super glad to hear the she was wearing ATGATT. It make all the difference.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
We're taking the bike to the dealership to have it looked at by the insurance adjuster. My guess is they total her brand new bike.... Damage to the fairing, side plastic, foot peg, side stand, handlebars turn signal and both saddle bags. The steering head is about 5 degrees off center which tells me the neck is bent.

She was on the expressway heading towards Ligoner. At the squirrel Hill tunnel,traffic in the right lane slowed, so she checked her mirrors and moved to the left lane. Evidently the driver behind her did the same at the same time and hit her from behind. In all, she is very lucky given the speed she was traveling and where it happened. Her comment to me before leaving for school this morning was she hopes they pay out quickly so she can get another bike before the end of the season.
OH man, I was going to ask if it was the new bike. Hate to see any bike go down, especially a new one. The car behind her must have hit the gas when changing lanes.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Very glad to hear she's ok. I made myself and the wife follow a strict ATGATT policy. Even when it's scorching hot outside I don't slack with it, resulting in me riding less during the summer.

The image on your previous post is missing.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Very glad to hear she's ok. I made myself and the wife follow a strict ATGATT policy. Even when it's scorching hot outside I don't slack with it, resulting in me riding less during the summer.

The image on your previous post is missing.
When I get flack from my other riding buddies or my son's friends about all the gear I wear to ride, my response is simple..."I'd rather sweat than bleed". I don't get a lot of smart remarks after that.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
So glad she is okay. Thankfully she was wearing her gear.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Sorry to see she was in an accident, but glad she will OK.

·
Super Moderator
4,286 Posts
Good to hear she's fine John....Good on yah for teaching her good safety measures on the road with so many distracted drivers...

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
She was sore Monday and Tuesday, but back to normal on Wednesday. Doing very well, all things considered...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts