Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
wow, that sounds really good. Does it affect performance and/or mileage?

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Have you added a new fuel processor or is it oem? Is the air filter oem or K&N? I was also wondering about the placement of the holes. Is the any particular reason you choose the sides of the collector box for drilling as opposed to the bottom or the back of it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
c90 blackbox exhaust mod

Have you added a new fuel processor or is it oem? Is the air filter oem or K&N? I was also wondering about the placement of the holes. Is the any particular reason you choose the sides of the collector box for drilling as opposed to the bottom or the back of it?

Well It was easiest to do on the sides. I think I will keep an eye out for one on ebay and do it below. I may weld on a couple 2 inch pipes to direct it back facing. but it was my first try. the air filter is OEM for now. I will soon purchase a k&n, and then a cobra FI200. but for now I am super happy with the results. Harleys actually take notice now. :wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
thanks belldude. Please keep us posted on your work on it. I've never seen or heard of anyone doing it before and tons of people will be interested just like the HonestAbe mod for Vol/C50s, so I think we can safely call it the 'belldude' mod. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this it's an old thread, but had anyone tried this? How are the results after a significant time testing it? Please let me know, because I really like the sound.

I'll be grabbing new a exhaust soonish, but this might hold me over if no one had had problems!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the modification done, and out really changes the sound of the bike. I do get some sneezing from time to time, but only on a semi- coast downhill where my engine is just barely braking against the hill.

This will certainly hold me over until I get a new exhaust. The acceleration and deceleration growl is fantastic, but still rather sedate while at cruising speed.

10/10 would drill again.

Gris

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
How any holes and what size and where did you drill them? Have you noticed any performance or fuel consumption impact?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the modification done, and out really changes the sound of the bike. I do get some sneezing from time to time, but only on a semi- coast downhill where my engine is just barely braking against the hill.

This will certainly hold me over until I get a new exhaust. The acceleration and deceleration growl is fantastic, but still rather sedate while at cruising speed.

10/10 would drill again.

Gris
That was the thing that really got me excited. It was nice and quiet when cruising. I also had Harleys looking around to see what I was on when they heard it if I was accellerating. It really does give a great growl. And it is sooo **** easy!!!!:wayhappy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.