Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I got around to installing a set of diy lowers on my '06 c50. What a nice difference! Using references from previous posts on this sight, I chose lexan and cut them to 4" at the top and 3" at bottom with the overall length of 14". As recommended Marsh fasteners were used to attach them to the front forks. They work perfectly! No vibe, no buffeting!

My next effort focused on adding Oxford heated grips. Now these are a perfect fit with some adjustment for the bar end weights. The dial switch is easy to mount and accessible.
As I was working on the bars I decided to add the 1" spacers I picked up on eBay.....(not Jim's but they work just fine). I ride a little more upright the bike handles well...( gets better milage, runs smoother, is way faster.....oh ya dreaming here! lol!) 1397411707194.jpg
Thank you to all of you who regularly post how to's and other super useful information! You have saved me a lot of time and truly enhanced my riding. Very happy here!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like that set-up, and I'll be doing more highway riding this season so it looks like plan. Nicely done!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! The bars are just back far enough and the lowers are really effective.....

·
Registered
324 Posts
As I was working on the bars I decided to add the 1" spacers I picked up on eBay.....(not Jim's but they work just fine).
Just to avoid confusion, when you said "One inch spacers", did you mean 2" risers?
Those are the same ones I have and work great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes :-( I should have said 2 in risers. But they act like a bushing or spacer between the triple tree and the OEM risers.
The heated grips are about the same size as my original grips...just a bit thicker. I had them recommended by my son who has used them for two years and is quite happy. By the time I got them installed the weather here in southern Ontario was quite balmy (20 c) so I haven't personally experienced them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts