·
Premium Member
9,333 Posts
Re: On a C50.

julian05c50 said:
jpaige said:
julian05c50 said:
Jpaige,
Do you think a C50 would make the trip? My dad, cousin and I are thinking of going. Possibly my brother also. If not, how far could the C50 go?

Julian
The Alcan is 100% paved, you can get all the way to Fairbanks with no trouble. Besides road construction. We chose less traveled, and less paved routes whenever possible.

If you're serious, buy The Milepost. It's a yearly publication with all the road information on Western Canada and Alaska.

http://milepost.com/
Thanks. I'm serious. Probably on Rebels though. Make my cousin drag the trailer behind his venture.
Wow!!!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've ridden

I've ridden all over the NC/TN/GA mountains on my old Rebel. Even taken it on trips to SC, FL and NC. I changed the sprocket on the back to lower highway RPM's, and put a better seat on it. If you can call a C50 seat an upgrade anyway. I also put hard bags, sissy bar and windshield, and drilled the exhaust and air intake to let it breathe better. Had no problems running slab speeds when I needed to. Ran 75-85 MPH with ease. I used to joke that at 65 it sounded better than my C50. Got great gas mileage also. As high as 95mpg, but mostly 60-75. That was my old 1986. I wanted something newer before I started going for LONG rides!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Day 23 is up, Skagway AK to Whitehorse, YT

Lots of cool pics

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Day 24 is up also.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
It wasn't as rainy, but it was cold. way colder than even above the circle.

I'll try and get one more day up today. The next day has probably the most amazing pics of the trip

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Day 25 part 1 and 2

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
julian, every year here, there are people who ride their cruisers to Sturgis and back. I don't see anything wrong with a Vole or C-50 for the trip.
TakerEasy7, VoleRiders....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Day 26 is up.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I took a few days off, I needed to get out and ride.

Day 27 is up

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Ok, I'm done. The last 2 blogs are up. Thanks everyone for reading along. I'm gonna have a scotch and a cigar and think about bad roads :)

Jeff

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for sharing this story and putting all the time into writing it. I really enjoyed reading your about your adventure. I am glad you guys had a safe trip.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts