Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I wanted an improved seat so I bought a Mustang seat :wayhappy:for my 2005 C50 .
It seem that everyone on here thought it was the most comfortable.

Well after my first ride this morning for 20 miles , I'm NOT impressed .:bigoops:

My back never bothered me so all the support I read about for your back isn't what I was looking for.
Immediate impresssion is I don't like how I sit more forward on the new seat ,it only pushes me up on the tank more then the old seat.

Yes it is better made ,more padding, better looking but it's shorter, narrower ,two things I did not want.

I'm gonna try it for a couple days but right now I think it's going to be going up for sale.:bigoops:

·
Super Moderator
25,577 Posts
don't be so quick to sell it...many here have had the same experience when they first got their mustang..i too felt i was perhaps in the small percentage of buyers who made a mistake but gave the seat a little while to conform to my rear end and in a short time realized the seat was probably the best investment i ever made. Patience.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ride 200 more miles on it (doesn't have to be all at once), then put you old seat on and ride again. Switch back and forth a couple of times and you may see how uncomfortable the OEM seat really is.

I tried going back because the Mustang pushed me up higher into the wind a bit, the OEM felt like sitting on an upside down frying pan with a soft cover over it.

Also, my back was better with the Mustang especially after adding the passenger seat since it gives some extra lower back support.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I bought a used one. The guy was obviously heavier than me, but that's ok. It was only broke in enough to ease the hardness of the seat pad

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
I too switched and thought what a waste of money...after a few hundred miles I loved it. My favorite purchase now..give it awhile maybe it will form to you too.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I bought mine used as well. Put about 25k miles on it. I never realized just how much more comfortable it was until I switched back to the stock seat a few days before I traded the bike.
Riding my 30 mile commute was noticeably less pleasant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.