Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a new Mustang 2 piece seat on my 2006 C50 as the instructions showed.

The passenger pad feels very unstable. All connections are in place. Do I need to add a spacer here and there, or is this normal?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
without pics it's hard to know what's going on. I can tell you that the seats should be solidly in place. My '09 setup had the passenger seat attaching at the front to the bolt at the back of the front seat with a slot in it - kind of a male/female thing - then in the back like the stock unit. Was very solid. Think something is amiss.

I am assuming you followed the instructions from the factory:biglaugh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps I did something wrong. There is a slotted stud nut on the forward bracket, the slotted front tab of the rear seat slides into said slot on the stud. I need to go check and see if there is any adjustments I can make with the stud.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
The chrome bracket mounts to the fender, the front seat rear tab slides over the stud on the bracket, then you install the slotted nut moderately tight, then the front tab of the rear seat fits in the slot, and then you install and tighten the rear bolt.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The chrome bracket mounts to the fender, the front seat rear tab slides over the stud on the bracket, then you install the slotted nut moderately tight, then the front tab of the rear seat fits in the slot, and then you install and tighten the rear bolt.
That is exactly what I did, I just went out and repeated all steps.

The front of the passenger seat feels a bit wiggly, until I put my fat butt on it, then it was solid. I may experiment with a washer or two under the stud to adjust the elevation it engages the passenger seat bracket.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All four bumpers are in place, and when I pulled the seat, they all left a slight imprint on the fender, more noticeable from the front two.

The only thing I am unclear on is whether the nylon washer goes under the front seat bracket, or over the front seat bracket under the slotted nut stud.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am probably worrying about nothing. It seems like natural flex in the mounting bar. I can pull the leading edge of the passenger seat up slightly, and lifting on the front corners is when it feels sketchy. With a load on it, it is rock solid. More experiments to come, since they are calling for more rain tomorrow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the info.

A hundred mile test ride confirmed the quality of the seat. The wife said it felt as if her seat was not quite lined up with the sissy bar, so now I have my evening project for this week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.