Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted my 3-piece Mustang seat for my 2006 C50 for sale in the Swap Meet section recently. One person inquired about the fitment for 2009 and up. It's a different part number, but it seems like I've read some posts about people fabricating a mounting bracket that made it possible to fit the newer C50's. I did a search, but couldn't locate any specific information about making an adapter. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks!

·
Administrator
51,641 Posts
I posted my 3-piece Mustang seat for my 2006 C50 for sale in the Swap Meet section recently. One person inquired about the fitment for 2009 and up. It's a different part number, but it seems like I've read some posts about people fabricating a mounting bracket that made it possible to fit the newer C50's. I did a search, but couldn't locate any specific information about making an adapter. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks!
I searched for a while (this AM), and couldn't find a fitment magic trick to convert old to new, or new to old VL800 machines.
What I did find was a reply to a VR member, directly from Mustang Seats (800-243-1392 toll free)

Here is the reply I received from Mustang seats about the 2005 C50 vs. 2009 C50T.

"When Suzuki made a chassis change in 2009 it required Mustang to redesign the seats for proper fitment. The only option would be to order the newer seat designed specifically for the 2009-up C50."

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I made the swap old to new with OEM seats (05 to 09). I don't know what it would take to adapt a Mustang. You would have to try the seat on the bike and figure out what needs to be changed or fabricated to fit properly. With the OEM seats putting the old seat on a 09 or newer there is a bit too much of a gap between the seat and tank. Making a longer bracket for the back of the seat moved it forward enough to close the gap. I used the old OEM Pillion and bracket. I drilled a second hold behind the original mount hole in the back of the pillion mount bracket. It worked perfect. A different scenario with the Mustang perhaps. Your older seat set would be more saleable if you had a newer bike to experiment with fitment. You would need to be something of a fabricator to figure it out. There are still a lot of older bikes on the road and you should be able to find a buyer in time.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Thanks!
I made my pre 2009 mustang fit my 2009 C50T. It's not a big deal and definitely worth NOT spending another $500+ for a new Mustang seat. I used the ORIGINAL mounting bracket, and had my SIL drill holes in it to fit the 2009 mounting holes. It's hardened chrome, so it's going to take a drill press.

You may want to search by my username to see if you can find the post where i have pics. The pic attached is my 2009 C50T with the Mustang seat on it...including Lonnie's driver backrest.

Here's the thread with pics

https://www.volusiariders.com/47-custom-mods/414140-03-mustang-seat-can-fit-09-a.html

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts