Welcome to the club. Went down twice in 2009/ ATGATT saved my life both times. Broken wrist on one, dislocated shoulder on the other. Our daughter went down on the WVA turnpike in 2018. ATGATT saved her life too. I try not to judge the people who ride in a wife beater and a doo-rag, but having met pavement twice with unintentional dismounts, I cringe when I see them.Thanks for the well wishing. She didn’t want to stop.
holy crap people, wear your gear. My jacket, gloves and reinforced pants look like Freddy Krueger had a go at me. Just a couple of spots on me.
- Totaled bike
- damaged parked car that the bike smacked
- shredded leather jacket
- tore up gloves
- shredded reinforced jeans
- broken toe and slight chip on the top of my foot
- small spot of road rash caused by my thermals under my jacket.
- life lesson about breaking too hard
I’ll be back out there sooner rather than later.