Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the MU cases and am wondering what is the best option for mounting them..?

Are the freebie bar-stock mounts good enough and "clean" enough for the C50, or should I upgrade to the Ghost Mounts..?

Also, since my ride is the 2007 Silver/Pearl White, I'm wondering if the silver or white bags are a close enough color match, and which would ultimately look better mounted up..?

-Tim

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The MU Universal cases, as pictured in the link above.

I am going for the cleanest retro look possible, which is why I'm kinda leaning towards the silver/white combo, with the side doors being in white.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the same bike/color as you do and I want the MU bags too. I called them and asked about the color match and the guy told me the silver matches well. I also wanted to do the white doors on the silver cases but the guy I spoke to said they dont do that. I am about two months out from ordering them and I was hoping I could get something worked out with them before then. If you do order those bags soon please let me know the quality of the color match and if you do get them to do different doors let me know how you got them to. I think these bags would look great with the two tone paint.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
This is nice......the MU

only thing I really dont like is they seem to sit so FAR from the bike...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah they are out about an inch further than they need to be. I plan on making my own mounts for them that keep them close.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking that the Ghost mounts, and they appeared to fill that gap some...

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I like the bags.. BUT I just put clear covers ont he blinkers and the brake light.. wonder if their saddle bags come with that option??? probably not

·
Registered
129 Posts
They do. The web site says that is an option.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I emailed them earlier this morning with a couple questions, and here is thier reply:

Our silver and white are the standard color.

We don't do two two tonn paint , they come in solid color only.

CCG
I'm thinking that I will likely go ahead w/ the SILVER as soon as I'm able to spend the money on them, then I'll look for the proper color of white in a spray can that is designed for painting plastic (ie: Krylon Fusion, Plasticote, etc.)

Worse case scenario is that I have to take them to a specialty paint shop and shell out another $250 to have them custom 2-tone painted, using the actual Suzuki paint codes.

-Tim

·
Registered
129 Posts
You know whats funny about that is the Ebay stores says something about welcoming customer orders...

If you get the white bag I will get the silver one then we can swap doors. I know you want the silver too but if you can live with white with silver doors we could go that way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Like the look of those MU bags. With the side opening door is there a problem with water getting in, or is the door tight enough to keep things dry? They seem to be the widest I've seen advertised. :p

·
Premium Member
28,197 Posts
The Captain said:
Here is a great example of how they will look.

http://mutazu.com/images/hard saddlebags/MU saddlebags/customer pictures//newbikepics4[1].JPG#top

This is a good back view of the Mounting set up that comes with them.

http://mutazu.com/images/hard saddl...ustomer pictures//2008 Motorcycle 007.JPG#top

They stick out a bit and I would love to see them about an inch closer on both sides. You can also see the color mater of the silver in the second link. Looks good to me.
I like the hard bags...not sure about ABS plastic, though.
If I ever get them , I'll use my Easy Brackets...they stick out quite a but, but I like the low, wide look, and you can't beat the ease of removal.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
The Captain said:
They do. The web site says that is an option.
ohhhhh now your killing me...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh sheeeeeeeeeeeeet...

............. I have a full cart.........lol

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Captain said:
If you get the white bag I will get the silver one then we can swap doors. I know you want the silver too but if you can live with white with silver doors we could go that way.
or vice versa... :twisted:

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just ordered a set of the MU cases in silver, so I'll let ya'll know what I think of them upon arrival...

Eventually I'll have them custom painted and pinstriped to perfectly match my bike.

-Tim

1 - 20 of 63 Posts