Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, I have been in the market for a vintage bike and have been dissapointed at every turn. For the last 5 years, an older friend of mine who has ridden fewer (minutes not hours) every year has continued assisting I was the only person he wanted to take his favorite bike.... Mainly because of how happy I was riding it and knowing it would have a good home.

Finally, today, I was told that I needed to pick it up, it sounds ominous but my friend just didnt want it languishing anymore and his vision is bad enough he has lost his license. I told him I just wouldnt take it and arranged a tidy payment. Its now my bike, and I'll ride it home the next dry day.

It is a very unique bike, basically 100 percent original. Now that doesn't mean its worth a million bucks...its just unique because its original, and older than WWII. Best of all its a well sorted out daily rider, I can keep it and not worry about a rust fleck or humidity or a rubber piece not being perfectly black. So it is the perfect vintage bike for the king of dirty bikes.

I rode it to the premier of Long Way Down with my friend on my bike a few years ago where I took my favorite picture of it next to the Rock. So far. Meet my 1938 WL-45

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

·
Administrator
16,708 Posts
What did I tell you about drinking that Kool Aid Beezer was serving at OctVRfest.

Congrats on the new ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,640 Posts
Love the bike! Looks to be in fine shape. Glad you found a real classic like you wanted.

(Sorry to hear about your friend's failing health, though.)

·
Administrator
53,904 Posts
That kool-aid is highly addictive! :shades:

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love the bike! Looks to be in fine shape. Glad you found a real classic like you wanted.

(Sorry to hear about your friend's failing health, though.)

As am I but the news is pretty good for someone his age. He cannot see well enough to ride anymore, but his vision is not worsening dramatically. Overall, when I'm 80 if I'm in as good as shape as he is, I'll be lucky as all get out.

Reactions: Woodswoman

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No telescopic forks until 1949 on a Harley, Beez... and every Harley I've ever owned has had a Springer. My last Harley was a Springer Classic.

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
Very nice bike, E!

·
Premium Member
2018 Voyager
1,325 Posts
One of my favorite pics of my dad is him sitting on a WL . He just got back from the korean war. Enjoy this fine piece of history.

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Well it may not be worth a million, but it is worth a pretty penny and the relationship with the previous owner is worth even more.

That is a nice score.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Seattle?

You've got the right stuff. Words can't describe that Harley.
I've been watching these videos lately. Not many hits?

Get-er done!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.