Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone just did this the other day, its SD, CA has double the amount of cycles of any other state but ranks 43rd per capita.
I did not see the other post. Sorry if its dated material...

rv

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
District of Columbia is no surprise. Can you imagine trying to negotiate the beltway without a crumble zone! I can see many of the "expansive" states with a lower overall population as having more bikes/person. I really should consider visiting all those areas! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
29 Posts
The thing that surprised me most was that the article talks about bikes per capita, but the figures are actually expressed in capitas per bike. What a silly measure.

brg

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I see California has the biggest number of motorcycles but MILLIONS more people. :eek:utcold: I commute 32 miles each way daily to work and I usually see about 5 to 6 bikes in the a.m. and the same for the p.m. ride home. We have great weather most of the time, and God knows we could use less traffic. Too bad most of the Cali motorcycle owners only ride on the weeeknds.... sometimes.

43 California 801,80337, 338,19846.6

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I quess we have a lot of bikes per capita (heck I own two), but we got a lot of garage queens due to our weather. My last bike I bought was 4 years old when I got it and it had 9k miles on it.

My 2005 has 10k miles on it but it has always been my "second" bike.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I always imagined TX would be a nice place to ride.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I see California has the biggest number of motorcycles but MILLIONS more people. :eek:utcold: I commute 32 miles each way daily to work and I usually see about 5 to 6 bikes in the a.m. and the same for the p.m. ride home. We have great weather most of the time, and God knows we could use less traffic. Too bad most of the Cali motorcycle owners only ride on the weeeknds.... sometimes.

43 California 801,80337, 338,19846.6
I am a weekend rider, its just not practical to take my bike to work. But I agree I always see at least 3-5 bikes a day on the way to and from work. I bet there is a bigger concentration of bikes in So cal than in no cal.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I always imagined TX would be a nice place to ride.
It certainly is a nice place to ride. The Hill Country is specifically rated as one of the best. Big Bend region and the National Park should be on everyone's bucket list although avoid summer. Not that many beach roads per se here , but the coastal areas are very nice in Spring and Fall. The Piney Woods and Big Thicket in the eastern region are wonderful riding areas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts