Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,510 Posts
work nites...ride home from work thru country roads...always worried and on the lookout for deer and other small animals jutting out in front of me...never thought of cows.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sad...

Cows and horses already roamed in my motorcycle nightmares... this does not make it better.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Sorry to hear of this. I generally don't ride after dark. One huge reason being my discomfort with limited visibility, although this can happen at any time of the day or night.

·
Super Moderator
25,280 Posts
Sorry to hear of this. I generally don't ride after dark. One huge reason being my discomfort with limited visibility, although this can happen at any time of the day or night.
Agreed. It can happen day or night, but even with a light bar I find my visibility far too limited at night, so I do my best to about it too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sad to hear. I'd never expect to see a cow in the road!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Moose!

We lost a biker to a moose in the Adirondacks and a turkey! There was a BUFFALO range down the road from my house, I slowed down every time I went by after I found out they got out sometimes!:eek:utcold:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Another thing

Another thing you don't expect to find is "slick mud" on the road after the farmer spreads their "fertilizer" in the fields! You have to watch those quiet farm roads when you blast around a curve. I have seen this a lot in dairy farm country. Cow poop is as slick as goose poop!

When you get home and find out why your bike smells like sh*t, is because that was not mud you rode through!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts