Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don't know about that system. But whatever you get, make sure it takes a SD card. Its like a juke box on wheels!:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Administrator
29,599 Posts
Just a thought, but Scala bluetooth stereo single user units are down to 100 bucks. Bluetooth IPod stereo, with really good sound quality, no distortion in your Zeppelin at 100 MPH... pretty nice.

Plus you can switch tracks with a button on the side of your helmet. Really.

No install, no hassles... hmmmm.

Now if you want to have a stereo install on your bike for fun, its not a substitute, but I've used helmet based sytems for years and the sound quality is amazing AND it was a lot easier than trying to install a stereo.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Just a thought, but Scala bluetooth stereo single user units are down to 100 bucks. Bluetooth IPod stereo, with really good sound quality, no distortion in your Zeppelin at 100 MPH... pretty nice.

Plus you can switch tracks with a button on the side of your helmet. Really.

No install, no hassles... hmmmm.

Now if you want to have a stereo install on your bike for fun, its not a substitute, but I've used helmet based sytems for years and the sound quality is amazing AND it was a lot easier than trying to install a stereo.
+1 I'd have to agree, I have a Blueant headset I use with buddies that I ride with but it also will play stereo music from most any bluetooth device. I've used it with my ipod touch and my iphone and sounds really good. I normally don't listen to music when I'm riding 'cause I just enjoy the sounds of the bike and nature around me - the whole point of riding in my opinion. But sometimes when I'm riding by myself out in the beautiful countryside it's nice to have some road tunes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have three helmets all with built in blutooth and I think that is the way to go, no units hanging on the side of the helmet or anything. Music and GPS work great at highway speeds and you can even talk to other helmets when riding 2 up or with a friend (at low speeds) The VCAN 136 is by far the best deal at around 100 bucks and is a good helmet. I also have a hawk and a Torc, the torc is a little nicer but its bigger, has the built in sunshade but mainly I got it because the paint is an exact match for my bike lol.

I have looked at the stereo systems for one reason, to get AM so I can listen to baseball. The communist MLB wants a monthly fee to get it on my phone which really makes no sense, don't they want people to listen to their games? I was looking at some cheap ones on ebay like a pyle for around $60.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I use Sena SMH10's on several helmets, and have the Sena transmitters wired in under my fairing to broadcast the regular stereo into helmets, in addition to my XM Radio and 16gb of MP3's in my GPS..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts