·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight yellow.

Has served me well.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Sears Craftsman. Good and solid and trouble free. I have had it around 9 years and never an issue with it.

I can't remember the exact price but I do recall that I got it on sale for less than $100.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack

I would have bought something less but it was under the Christmas tree. :wayhappy: Well, actually it was unceremoniously dumped on my front porch by the delivery guy and kinda ruined my wife's surprise for me. She was pissed.

It's very heavy-duty and performs flawlessly. Super easy to maneuver the bike around the garage on it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Craftsman Red motorcycle lift. Decent price and dependable. When using a lift, also use a strap to tie the bike down. Essential safety item.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Craftsman Red motorcycle lift. Decent price and dependable. When using a lift, also use a strap to tie the bike down. Essential safety item.
Yep, just strap it AFTER you get it to the height you need. It would have been pretty comical watching me the first time when I was uttering "Why is this %&**! thing so hard to jack?"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mallard, I see the Canadian Tire lift on sale about every month, has it been a good lift for your bike?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Harbor freight. Got it just a couple of weeks ago for $59.99 with a coupon code I got here. Thanks Volusariders.com!

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
J&S bike lift, about $400, one of the most stable lifts out there.

Harbor Freight table lift, little over $200 with coupon but I think the price has gone up. Nice if you have the room for it.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Harbor Freight yellow and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I use it to check my tires before every ride, so it gets a workout. Best money I ever spent.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Harbor Freight lift table, $ 189 years ago. Think I like it most because that I can put it against the wall when I do not need it. see photo below.

Day to day stuff, a Sears Aluminum motorcycle lift. I just saw the same lift in Harbor Freight. What I like about this model is it is really low and will get under any bike. It also came stock with higher drop in risers, but a rarely use them.

Wheel checks and cleaning are sooooo much easier with a motorcycle lift. I do the oil change on the table as why bend over when I do not have to. But I slide the lift under the bike, give a few pumps, rotate the wheels. check wear, pressure or clean, turn the handle and its ready to ride.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
I've got the Canadian Tire lift and it works great, especially for big jobs including the full spring tuneup. Most of the time, especially for small things like checking the oil level, I just throw the bike up on my homemade lift made of 2 2x10s. The bike is remarkably stable on it and it's often more easily accessible for me than the nice CT lift.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Same lift table and wheel chock as Beezer. Kept an eye out for one of those 20% off anything HF coupons, then used it to buy the floor model, already discounted 50%. It does the job, but I'm planning on building a more sturdy, taller unit and recessing it into the shop floor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Also use Pepsx stand...

I bought a stand from Costco when I got the bike in 2003. Works fine, but is in the way to change oil/gear fluid. So... I bought the Standard Pepsx stand pictured here (http://www.pepsx.com/products.html ) about a year ago & it makes changing oil/gear oil much easier.

I lift the bike up, slide the stand around the lift (taking care to ensure everything's lined up on the frame to support the bike, but not interfere with removing the filter, drain bolts, or the pan for the old oil), lower the bike on to the stand, & remove the lift. Reverse process when finished.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts

Wished I'd kept the smaller Canadian tire lift for certain things but over all I prefer my table.
Actually the smaller lift is in the box to the left ........ I gave it away.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts