Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front wheel chock that’s just been sitting in the poll barn for a few yrs, I’m thinking of anchoring it down to the concrete floor. But is it safe to put a scoot in a front wheel chock to do things like change the oil and filter, or is there a chance the scoot could still topple over even while in the chock. I’ve never used a front wheel chock on a scoot before, and don’t want to lean any lessons the hard way.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Super Moderator
58,788 Posts

·
Super Moderator
58,788 Posts
The 20% off works on that lift as well but I would still strap it on because several have gone back in their garage to see their baby laying on it's side along with damaging whatever it fell on as well.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
The 20% off works on that lift as well but I would still strap it on because several have gone back in their garage to see their baby laying on it's side along with damaging whatever it fell on as well.
Always strap it down.
No questions about it.

·
Registered
20,619 Posts
The lift is wonderful. Straps are a must for safety reasons.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Have not used the front wheel chock, but I use one the lift mentioned above. It is not the sturdiest on the market, but does the job very well. I had to apply quite a bit of force to the bike when unbolting some of the larger fasteners - no problem at all.

If you already have a front wheel chock, you might as well use it. I would definitely affix it to the concrete floor in one way or another and use straps for additional stability. Maybe epoxy several drop in concrete anchor and find matching bolts to be able to move the wheel chock out of the way when not in use. The guy I bought my bike from had two bikes in his garage (C50 and some custom Harley) seating in front wheel chocks, no straps.

Not sure what the bike will do if the front tire goes flat or somebody bumps into the bike real hard...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks much for the great info, I’ll make sure I strap my scoot down when I use the wheel chock, and thanks a lot bbqjoe for the coupon I’m gonna use it??
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts