Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it. I noticed quite a few had them at the Yankee Rally.

Instead of buying one from HD, can you recommend one.

Thanks in advance.

Moderators: Hey is the multiple word Search working. I got a blank screen several times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,929 Posts
I have the Dowco Guardian and like it pretty good. Cycle Gear had them on clearance shortly after I got the bike. The only thing I don't like about it is the rubber coating underneath on the seams started coming off.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,394 Posts
They are definately worth having. The one I have is all nylon. I'm going to purchase one with the cotton lining on the upper half sometime between now and the Yankee Rally 2008 for both my bike, and Mmmagicfingers bike.

I've been looking at these, they make them for all bikes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Line...ldwing-3D_W0QQitemZ290225777299QQcmdZViewItem

Lifetime Warrenty, and decent price. Worth a shot.


~Jay
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Capt Cruiser said:
They are definately worth having. The one I have is all nylon. I'm going to purchase one with the cotton lining on the upper half sometime between now and the Yankee Rally 2008 for both my bike, and Mmmagicfingers bike.

I've been looking at these, they make them for all bikes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Line...ldwing-3D_W0QQitemZ290225777299QQcmdZViewItem

Lifetime Warrenty, and decent price. Worth a shot.


~Jay
Thanks Jay. I bought one. I guess I'll tell you how it is holding up in a couple of months at the YR.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,394 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Capt Cruiser said:
They say large for the C50 - not medium.
Then I'm losing it or I can't read their fitment pdf's. The links that I clicked on the right side of their page showed the medium being the one for the C50/C50T/Volusia, and the large/XL showed for the LC1500. Now I'm really confused... Even more so than normal. :?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,394 Posts
LkwdC50B said:
Capt Cruiser said:
They say large for the C50 - not medium.
Then I'm losing it or I can't read their fitment pdf's. The links that I clicked on the right side of their page showed the medium being the one for the C50/C50T/Volusia, and the large/XL showed for the LC1500. Now I'm really confused... Even more so than normal. :?
I e-mailed them. Girl e-mailed back, said regardless of what the charts say, we should measure the bike before ordering. Carefully read the descriptions, the L/XL is for bikes that have windshields and bags. The Med is for bikes without windshields.

That's what she said anyways - her bottom line - she wouldn't recommend the correct size - just said to go out and measure the bike and double check that with the cover measurement specifications.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
So do you need a med or large for the Vol with windshield? I want to get a cover... :? my bike gets so dusty in the garage... :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
I would think touring or large to cover windshield , they also make just dust covers if you dont need the rain protection.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
413 Posts
I have a full nylon cover that I take everywhere. It's breathable and I like it fine.

But THIS thing is the sheeit!
http://www.cycleshelter.com/

I do not have a garage and this cover is GREAT!

It's spendy... but man, I love it. Of course... you can't take it with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Capt Cruiser said:
I e-mailed them. Girl e-mailed back, said regardless of what the charts say, we should measure the bike before ordering. Carefully read the descriptions, the L/XL is for bikes that have windshields and bags. The Med is for bikes without windshields.

That's what she said anyways - her bottom line - she wouldn't recommend the correct size - just said to go out and measure the bike and double check that with the cover measurement specifications.
Don't go with what their own chart says? Bizarre. One of those "up is down" and "bad is good" kind of things. Paging Rod Serling, please... :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,926 Posts
If you are going with the Walmart brand then go with an XL if you have bags and windshield. These are lightweight and can be packed around in your saddle bag. They are great for keeping the dust and light rain off the bike. They have a soft area where the windshield makes contact and has heat resistance around the bottom for the pipes.

We use them all riding season. So far have held up for two seasons. The OEM harley cover we have is too heavy for traveling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
I have a Nelson Rigg All Season and it works great. It has vents, cotton lining, and elastic at the bottom to make it fit tight. It also has anchor eyes to add bungie cords underneath and around the front tire. I got it from Motorcyclesuperstore.com. The large fits with or without a windshield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
wouldnt it stand to reason that, if you are unsure of the size to get bigger? I dont have a windshield now....but i might one day. Is there a downsize if the cover is a little too big? besides it looking a little sloppy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
I had my windshield on for a while and the cover fit really good. Then I took the windshield off and the cover still fits there is just some more slack in front of the handle bars. It dosen't look bad it just rests on the headlight but everything else is still tight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Back to the discussion re: the DuraShield cover listed on eBay for the C50, I was also confused when it listed my bike (a 2006 C50T) for a Medium when I checked their link for sizing. Obviously since I have a T version it includes a windshield and saddlebags, which I notice Capt Cruiser stated (based on comments from a girl at the company) should therefore mean I need a Large cover. This is confusing. Has anybody with a C50T, or a C50 with a windshield and bags ordered one of these? If so, what is the proper size? (You would think that if they list the C50T specifically as a medium, thats what one would order.) Weird.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top