Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, she does. I got my 2014 registration stickers yesterday for both my Virago and my FZ6. Only today, they're calling for a up to a foot of snow and bitterly cold temperatures...

I'm going to go down to the garage and put them on the license plates, then throw a leg over each saddle and make motor noises. All the while gently weeping......

·
Registered
624 Posts
hmm.. which is worse....

It's supposed to be 70 and sunny here today, but I can't go because I need to watch my daughter and also get caught up on work.

So while its possible to go, its torture that I can't actually go. guess it doesn't matter the reason, not riding sucks. :cry:

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
For a single glorious day last weekend, the driveway right up next to my house was clear enough that I could have pulled my bike out of the garage.

The rest of my 600-foot-long driveway, however, was a mix of packed icy snow and mud. And the town road to which it connects was 1/2 mile of drying salt, sand, mud puddles and potholes.

So I merely sat in the saddle for a few minutes and day-dreamed.

It snowed the next day.

<Sigh>

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I've been spending the crappy winter preparing for an awesome rinding year. Installed a set of Clearwater Darlas, GPS mount and loading a boatload of routes.

I'm ready for the weather to break, put on a few thousand miles before a new set of rubber then let the good times roll.

·
Administrator
52,304 Posts
For a single glorious day last weekend, the driveway right up next to my house was clear enough that I could have pulled my bike out of the garage.

The rest of my 600-foot-long driveway, however, was a mix of packed icy snow and mud. And the town road to which it connects was 1/2 mile of drying salt, sand, mud puddles and potholes.

So I merely sat in the saddle for a few minutes and day-dreamed.

It snowed the next day.

<Sigh>

Why don't You and the Bearbait fly down here for a week or smth?
I can bed and breakfast You folks for a few days, and Harley Trikes rent for $85 per deim.
With this great Spring weather, You'll have a most enjoyable time.
BTW: It's a prerequisite to have wings n' brews at Gatorz in Pt. Charlotte.

Weather Prediction for the next 10 days:

10 Day Weather Forecast for Port Charlotte - weather.com

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
January 28th I was scheduled for MSF course. Too cold and starting to get icy so course delayed 'til the next Friday. Feb. 7th/8th/9th was a continuation of the all the snow from the previous weekend/week. Instructor said, "We will watch the weather and find a good weekend." He called the other participants who apparently said do it this weekend 28th, 1st, 2nd.

On Feb 11th I called him and said "It's going to be in the 60s this weekend, can we do the class?" He says, "No, the other people want to wait until the 28th." Of course, people don't want to do a class on Valentine's Day. The next weekend was in the 50s but no MSF class.

This weekend (the newly scheduled weekend)- More cold, snow and sub-freezing highs. With today's high at 8....freaking 8 degrees with more snow and ice. Now I am put off until March 15th!

Fortunately, the bike doesn't know the difference and is on the tender. I have missed riding days waiting. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Well, I rode yesterday and today with mid-70s weather here in the New Orleans area--staying away from the Mardi Gras parades of course. With my back, I gotta ride when I can--I go only about 30 miles or so right now. However, a cold front is moving in and should be in low 50s all week. I guess getting a taste of some good weather, no matter how brief and no matter how short the ride, is better than no ride at all. I will be having epidurals in my back Wednesday, which hopefully will let me ride for much longer again once the good weather comes back!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts